Fears (Cheryl x reader)

Request: Could you do a Cheryl x reader where the reader isn't popular and quite nerdy (kinda like Jughead) and isn't really sure why Cheryl is with them?

The day Cheryl Blossom asked you out on a date you thought it was a joke.

Cheryl was popular, outgoing and the queen bee of the school while you were the polar opposite; quiet, reserved and lived your life on the sidelines.

The only reason people bothered to learn your name was because a few weeks later you and Cheryl officially started dating.

You tried to ignore the whispering you so frequently heard asking why Cheryl would be interested in someone like you but months went by with no prevail of the gossip ending and it took a toll on your confidence.

You were sitting in the front row at one of the Vixens pep rallies and at the end of their performance Cheryl blew you a kiss.

With it came the crude remarks of some jocks sitting a few rows behind you.

"Why is Cheryl with that dork, she's way too hot for them."

You couldn't handle the ridicule anymore so you stood up and rushed out of the auditorium.

Cheryl saw you leave and quickly followed after you.

"Y/N wait, what's wrong?" she said catching up to you.

"They're right Cheryl, why are you even with me?"

"You're really going to let those dumb boys get under your skin?"

"It's not just them Cheryl, everywhere I go there's people whispering how someone like you could be with some dork like me," you told her.

"Y/N do not call yourself a dork. Let them talk, I don't care what people say about us. I like you because you aren't like everyone else in this profligate town. You were there for me when no one else was and you mean more to me than you will ever know," she told you confidently.

You smiled and looked down at the ground but she cupped your cheeks tilting your face back up to look at her.

"I mean it Y/N," she said before kissing you and all your fears were washed away.