Keep it safe (Cheryl x reader)

Summary: During homecoming Cheryl gives you the ring for safe keeping.

As Archie and Veronica were performing their rendition of Kids In America you noticed your girlfriend Cheryl making her way out of the crowd towards the nearest exit.

She had been acting strange all night so you decided to follow her and check if everything was alright.

When you finally managed to make it out into the hallway you saw a glimpse of her red dress entering a nearby restroom.

Once inside, you found Cheryl standing in a stall staring at something in her hand.

"Cheryl? Is everything all right?"

"You shouldn't have followed me Y/N," She sternly told you.

"You've been acting weird all night, what was I supposed to do? Just let you leave? What are you even doing in here?" you asked, walking towards her.

As you got closer you recognized the object in her hand as her Nana's ring that had supposedly disappeared.

"Is that the ring Jason gave Polly? I thought it was missing?"

"My mother has had it all this time. I found it in one of her jewelry boxes."

"So you're just gonna flush it? Don't you think Polly would want it."

"That's exactly why it has to go. Polly wants it for herself, my parents want it gone and there's something about this damn ring that they aren't telling me about. This is the only way it'll disappear for good," she said starting to get upset.

"Cheryl, you're thinking irrationally right now. Don't do something you'll regret later."

There was silence.

Finally Cheryl turned around looking at you, "maybe you're right, there has to be a reason my parents are so concerned about someone finding this ring."

She took your hand placing the ring inside.

"Y/N, will you take it for me?"

"Are you sure?"

"You're the only person I trust to keep it safe. Please do this for me."

"Of course Cheryl, I'll hide it somewhere no one will ever find it."

She kissed your cheek and smiled for the first time that night, "thank you."

"Do you want to go back to the dance? I think Archie and Veronica are finally done."

"No, let's get out of here, I know better things we could be doing right now," she said with a grin.

Looks like homecoming was going to be fun after all.