What if I can't (Cheryl x reader)

Request: Can you do one where Cheryl catches you trying to hurt/kill yourself and she gets really upset and helps you recover? I really liked Road to Recovery :)

a/n: I will not write about suicide but I will write about Cheryl helping the reader recover from self harm. I will not go into detail about the actual self harm because I dealt with it in high school and I am not comfortable writing about it in detail. If you are struggling with self harm please don't be afraid to get help or talk to someone about it

Trigger Warning: mentions of self harm

Cheryl didn't know about what you did to yourself.

You covered up the marks by always wearing jackets or long sleeves.

You didn't know any other way to deal with your pain.

One day Cheryl came over to your home uninvited.

Your mother let her in and she went straight for your room.

She slowly opened your door calling out your name with no response.

She peaked her head in and you were no where to be found.

She walked in and noticed you sitting on the floor of the bathroom that was connected to your room.

She was shocked when she saw the blade and blood spotting on your wrists.

"Y/N!" she yelled out running to you.

She took the blade out of your hand, "Give that to me! What are you doing?"

There were tears in your eyes, "go away Cheryl."

"I certainly will not, Y/N, why are doing this to yourself."

You sat there in silence.

"I'm not leaving you Y/N, I will not let you do this to yourself. I'm sorry I never noticed this before but there are other ways to deal with this."

You still would not say anything.

Cheryl scooted next to you grabbing some toilet paper to wipe away the blood.

"I know this isn't easy Y/N, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through to want to do this but I promise I'm going to help you get through this okay."

You started to calm down and finally spoke, "What if I can't."

"I know you can, you are the strongest person I know and I will always be here when you need me."

"Thank you Cheryl," you said as you rested your head on her shoulder and she pulled you in for a hug.

It was going to be a hard road ahead of you but with Cheryl by your side you thought maybe you could of it after all.