Marry me? (Cheryl x fem reader)

request:  Cheryl Blossom and Fem! Reader where the reader was away for a while and comes and surprises Cheryl in the middle of her cheering routine and proposes to her and Veronica helps her

summary: Reader surprises her sad girlfriend with a question. 

written by Jasmine

You felt incredibly helpless as Cheryl cried in front of you. Well, not exactly in front of you, over a skype call.

"I just miss you so much," She cried, tears streaming down her face far too quickly for her to wipe them away.

"I miss you too, love. I'll be back before you know it," You assured her. You wanted to tell her you would see her the next day, with a huge surprise that you were hoping she would love.

"Not soon enough," She whispered, shaking her head.

"Cheryl!" You heard somewhere offscreen, and she turned around.

"What?" She called back.

"Dinner!"

Cheryl groaned, turning back to you.

"I don't want to leave you," She mumbled, pouting. You smiled a bit.

"Go get some food. We can text once you're done," You promised, your finger hovering over the 'end call' button. She nodded, smiling at you as she wiped away her last few tears.

"I love you," She said.

"I love you too."

The call was then disconnected, and you got to work quickly. You pulled up the text conversation with your ring maker, opening the photo attachment she had sent you. You gasped once you saw it, the perfectly made diamond almost staring back at you.

"Oh my god," You whispered, quickly typing in a thank you message. The ring was delivered to your mom's house in Riverdale so it would be there once you arrived. You asked for confirmation that it was a size seven, and your nerves decreased when they responded with a yes. You pulled out a phone with a smile still on your face, dialing your best friend's phone number.

"Hello?"

"Ronnie! The ring is done!" You exclaimed.

"Send me a picture!" She ordered, and you quickly forwarded the message to her. You heard her gasp over the phone, which made your smile somehow grow.

"I love it!" She cried.

"Is everything else set?" You asked.

"Yep, I told all the girls about the plan. I've made the signs, and Archie's going to pick you up from the airport tomorrow," She explained.

"Awesome! Thank you so much, Veronica," You breathed, so grateful that she was willing to help you out with the proposal. Even though Cheryl was only seventeen and still in her senior year of high school, you were sure she was the one. You could only hope that she felt the same.

"You're so welcome! I have to go, Betty's calling me. I'll talk to you later!" And with she hung up, leaving you with your thoughts for a bit.

You had arrived in Riverdale, and you were beyond excited. Today was the day you would surprise and propose to Cheryl, and the stakes were high. You couldn't stop fidgeting as you drove with Archie, and he chuckled at you.

"Nervous?" He asked as you checked to make sure you had the ring for the seventh time.

"Is it obvious?" You asked, adjusting your hair and clutching the bouquet of roses you held tighter.

"Very," Archie answered bluntly, and you hit him playfully. He parked, and you looked up to see Riverdale High.

"Wow," You breathed. You hadn't been inside the school since you graduated two years ago, you had been studying at NYU for the past two years. That's where you met Veronica, and she just so happened to move to the same town your girlfriend lived in a month after you arrived in New York.

You smoothed out your outfit as you walked inside, your hand holding onto the ring box inside your pocket. You gave Archie the bouquet of roses as you entered the building, making your way towards the gymnasium. You texted Veronica, letting her know you were there. She responded quickly, letting you know everything was set up to go flawlessly. You smiled as you approached the entrance to the gym, watching as Cheryl directed the girls. As soon as Veronica saw you, she made a gesture to one of the other girls, who quickly ran up and changed the music. The song Marry You by Bruno Mars came on, and you almost laughed. Cheryl went to scold her until the other girls grabbed their signs. They got into a formation, and you quickly got down on one knee. You pulled out the box and opened it, holding it in your hands.

Cheryl read the signs out loud, and you could hear the confusion in her voice.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you-" She paused before reading the last two signs, which read 'Marry Me? (Turn Around)'.

Her head whipped around, and her mouth fell open. She covered her mouth with both her hands, stepping away from you. Tears started to pool in her eyes as she walked towards you, nodding her head rapidly. You stood up, a grin on your face as Cheryl hugged you tightly. You laughed, pulling away to slip the ring onto her finger. Archie then came in, handing you the bouquet of flowers. You passed them to Cheryl, who shook her head.

"You 're incredible!" She exclaimed.

"I know, I know," You teased, kissing her forehead before pulling her back into a hug.