Still not good enough (Veronica x fem reader)

request:  All the football players keep hitting on Veronica, and she keeps making jabs at them such as "I only date good football players" and in the end it turns out she's dating the star kicker on the football team a town over who won state, and who also happens to be a girl

written by Jasmine

"Hey, Ronnie!" Reggie called, practically ogling over the girl. Veronica rolled her eyes, ignoring the comment.

"Yo, Lodge!" He pushed, but she still ignored him. She started to stretch, groaning when she heard several wolf whistles.

"Just give it up, guys," Archie suggested, causing most of the boys to glare at him.

"C'mon, you don't want to date the captain of the football team?" Reggie asked. Veronica stood up, turning to face the group.

"Sorry boys, but I only date good football players," She said with an innocent smile, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Are you saying I'm not a good football player?" Reggie asked, feigning hurt.

"Well, did you win state?" Veronica asked.

Reggie waited a second before answering. "No, the Ashborne Bulls did."

"Exactly," She responded, getting back to her stretching.

"What does that even mean?" Reggie asked. Archie chuckled, patting his back.

"I think you'll find out soon enough."

Ashborne was almost the opposite of Riverdale. It was still incredibly small, but it gave off bright and bubbly vibes, instead of Riverdale's gloomy and sad ones.

Veronica rubbed her arms, the storm clouds above causing it to be far more cold than usual. Her cheer uniform didn't help much, and her legs were freezing.

"Let's welcome the Wolverines, from Riverdale!" The commentator exclaimed.  Veronica cheered, along with the rest of the girls.

"And now, the Ashborne Bulls!" The commentator called, and Veronica cheered much louder than before. You came running onto the field, decked out in all your football gear. You heard the familiar cheer of your girlfriend, and you quickly turned to the side. You saw Veronica standing there, and you grinned. The game started up, and you quickly got into position. 

Your entire foot was sore by the end of the game, but you had beaten Riverdale by two points. It had been a close game, and at some points, you thought you might lose.

"Veronica!" You heard someone call. You turned to see a dark-haired boy approaching your girlfriend. "Am I good enough yet?"

You pulled off your helmet, brushing hair out of your face as you watched them. Veronica laughed, shaking her head at him.

"Sorry, but she won," She said, cocking her head to the side. You began to walk over to the pair, as the boy furrowed his brows.

"She? Who is-"

He was cut off by you placing your lips onto Veronica's, and her hands naturally resting on your face. You didn't deepen the kiss at all, only needing to prove to the boy that Veronica was yours.

"This is she." Veronica pointed to you once you had separated. "Reggie, meet (y/n). The kicker for the Ashborne bulls, and my girlfriend."

Reggie went to say something, but he ended up shutting his mouth. He nodded, before awkwardly leaving the two of you alone.

"They thought you were straight?" You asked, chuckling a bit.

"They're not the brightest. Come on, let's go celebrate you kicking their asses."