Start again (Veronica x male reader)

Request: Can you do a Veronica Lodge x Male!reader where Veronica breaks up with the reader before she leaves to riverdale, not telling him the reason (she was moving) and the reader moving to riverdale later and meeting her again stirring old feelings for both of them (fluffy ending with Veronica please!)

Summer was coming to an end and you couldn't help but notice Veronica had been distancing herself from you.

Your friends had planned one last big night out before school started and you stopped by your girlfriends loft to see if she wanted to come along.

She opened the door and you could see the look of disappointment on her face when she saw that it was you on the other side.

"A couple of us are going out tonight, you want to come with?" you asked.

"I can't Y/N, I'm busy," she said moving to shut the door.

You threw your hand up to stop it from closing, "Ronnie, what's going on."

"I can't see you anymore Y/N," she said quietly.

"What? Why?" you asked confused.

"I just can't, please leave."

She shut door and you stood there not knowing that it was the last time you would see Veronica Lodge in New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a year since Veronica left without saying goodbye.

You had spent the summer before your junior year with your friends knowing at the end you were moving to a town called Riverdale because your dad got a new job there.

You settled into your new home a few days before school started.

On your first day at Riverdale High you walked the halls looking down at your class list when you accidently bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry," you said looking up at the person, "Veronica?"

It was none other than the girl who broke your heart a year ago.

"Oh my God Y/N?" she said just as shocked to see you, "what- what are you doing here?"

"My dad got a job here, this is where you moved to?"

"Uh Y/N, this is my friend Betty," she said motioning to the girl next to her to change the subject.

"Hi, how do you and Veronica know each other?" she asked.

"We went to school together in New York, he's also my..." Veronica started not knowing how to finish her sentence.

"Ex-boyfriend," you said boldly.

"Oh," Betty muttered.

There was an awkward silence until the bell signaling to get to class.

"I'll see you later," Veronica said beginning to walk away with Betty right behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At lunch you walked around the cafeteria looking for a place to eat as Veronica sat at a table with her friends.

"The new guy is pretty cute, maybe we should invite him to sit with us," Kevin told his friends.

"No," Veronica quickly told him.

"Why not? He's in my English class, he seems cool," Archie joined in.

"He's Veronica ex," Betty whispered.

"Wow that was quick, first day and you already dated and broke up with him," Kevin said sarcastically.

"We dated in New York," Veronica said defensively, "it didn't end well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your first few weeks went by fairly quickly and you and Veronica had even settled into being friendly with each other again.

You knew you shouldn't have, but you let all your old feelings for her come back up.

You spent so long trying to move on but with her being in your life again it reminded you of how much you loved her and how hurt you were by her leaving.

You walked down the empty halls afterschool getting ready to leave when you saw Veronica exiting the gym after cheer practice.

She smiled at you and you decided you needed to know why she ended things the way she did.

"Veronica, can we talk?" you asked her.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"We've been getting along pretty well recently and I just to need to know... why did you leave."

"Y/N," she sighed, "I didn't want to leave but I had to, I couldn't stay in New York because of my dad."

"Yeah I heard about everything, but Ronnie, why didn't you tell me, we could have made it work," you told her.

"I was embarrassed, I was ashamed. I didn't want you thinking any less of me because of what he did," she confessed.

"You're not your dad Veronica, the only thing that made me think less of you was the fact that you broke me up without a rhyme or reason and the next thing I know you're gone."

"I'm sorry Y/N, I never wanted to hurt you, and if we'll being honest I never stopped thinking about you," she said quietly.

"I wish you would have let me be there for you."

"I should have, it would have a lot easier with you there. You always knew how to make me feel better," she smiled faintly.

"Maybe we can just start over? Forget everything that happened and start again on a brand new slate," you suggested.

"I'd really like that Y/N."

"Great, so I'll pick you up Friday night and we can go to that diner, Pop's. Everyone has been telling me I need to try their burgers and milkshakes," you laughed.

"And the onion rings, they're to die for. You're going to love it," she said smiling wide.