New tattoo (Polly x reader)

request: A Polly x reader imagine based off the song New Tattoo by James Arthur.

written by Jasmine

I wear you like a new tattoo.

"No, definitely that one." You pointed to one of the photos on Polly's phone, your other hand resting on her shoulder.

"I could just post them all," Polly suggested, smiling at you.

"Wouldn't that make it obvious?" You asked.

Polly shrugged. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Do we want people knowing we're dating so soon? Your mom would never let me come over again," You teased, moving closer to her.

"I don't care," She assured you. "I want to show you off."

"Show me off?"

"I need to show all these people that you're mine and only mine."

You're the kind of thing I could love forever.

You sat on Polly's bed, waiting for her to get ready for your date. You had your sketchbook open, and you were doodling as she coated her lashes with mascara. You hadn't noticed that she was now watching you, her makeup finished. Your made soft strokes, pulling the pencil away and slipping it behind your ear. You glanced up, meeting her eyes.

You jumped a bit. "How long have you been watching me?"

"Not long," She assured you. "What are you drawing?"

You slammed the book shut. "Absolutely nothing."

She rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Convincing."

Your felt heat rush towards your cheeks, and you shook your head.

"I was drawing you," You admitted quietly, handing her the book. She flipped through it, looking at every drawing that you had in there.

"A lot of these are me," She acknowledged, her eyes lighting up with happiness.

 You shrugged. 

"I draw things I love," You whispered. She bit her lip, putting the book to the side. She sat beside you on the bed, pressing her lips to yours.

"I love you," She mumbled against your lips, wrapping her arms around you.

"I love you too. Forever and always."

And I'll be so happy that I'm stuck with you.

"Where are we going?" Polly asked as you dragged her along, admiring the leaves that had fallen from the trees.

"Just trust me!" You exclaimed for the fifth time, rounding the corner and dropping her hand. You had led her to a small clearing, smiling brightly at her. The waterfall ran gently, and the leaves were all beautiful colours.

"Oh my god," Polly breathed, stepping closer to the waterfall. "This is beautiful."

She walked in front of you, and you took the opportunity to get on your one knee and pulled out the ring box. You opened it slowly, looking back over to Polly.

"Not as beautiful as you," You complimented, making her turn around. Her jaw dropped open, and a small laugh escaped her mouth.

"Polly, I want to be with you forever," You started. "Will you marry me?"

She nodded eagerly. "Yes! Of course!"

She raced towards you, removing the ring from the box and shoving it onto her finger. She kissed you passionately, cupping your face in her hands.

I wear it like a new tattoo.