Night out (Cheryl x male reader)

Request: Hey I was wondering if you would write a Cheryl x male reader where the two of them have a relaxing date night out. Fluff. Please and thanks!! 

Written by Doc 

It had been a stressful week for Cheryl so you decided to plan a nice night out for the two of you.

That morning you left a bouquet of flowers in her locker with a note that said 'be ready at 6 -Y/N xo

When you pulled up to Thornhill at six, right on the dot, Cheryl had been standing outside all ready to go. 

She opened up the passenger door and slid inside.

"You look beautiful Cheryl," you smiled taking in the simple but still elegant red dress she was wearing.

"You're looking pretty good yourself," she blushed, leaning in for a quick kiss, "so what exactly did I have to be ready for?"

"Well the first thing I have planned is dinner at Pop's but what's coming after that is a surprise," you told her pulling out of her driveway to head to the diner.

As per usual your meal from Pop's was fantastic, filled with small talk as you ate.

Afterwards you exited the diner and opened the door to your car for Cheryl to get in, "Always such a gentleman," she teased.

You smiled as you shut the door and walked around to the drivers side to get in.

"So where are we going now?" Cheryl questioned impatiently before you were even fully inside.

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it," you laughed.

"Y/N, you know I hate surprises," she pleaded with puppy dog eyes trying to get you to crack.

It was hard to resist but you were set on making this a surprise, "I promise you're going to love it."

"Fine," Cheryl huffed giving up and leaning back in her seat as you started the engine to head to your next stop. 

You turned the radio on and let the music fill the car as you drove.

You drove past the city limits sign and turned onto a side road heading towards the river, Cheryl could not figure out what it was you had planned for the night.

It was another ten minutes before you actually reached your destination but soon enough you were pulling into a small parking lot for hikers at the start of a trail.

"Please don't tell me we are going hiking Y/N, I'm wearing heels and it's dark out," Cheryl complained.

"We aren't going hiking Cheryl," you chuckled getting out the car and Cheryl followed suit.

"Then what are we doing here?"

You opened up the trunk of your car and pulled out a huge blanket, "I thought we'd watch the stars and this is the best spot in town to do that."

"Really? That actually sounds kind of nice," Cheryl said softly.

You pulled out the two pillows you also had stuffed in your trunk and walked back to the front of your car, throwing the blanket over the sturdy hood.

You set the pillows into place and helped Cheryl get onto the hood of your car, hoping up next to her.

Laying back against the pillows you put your arm around her shoulders as she tucked herself into your side.

You stayed like that for half an hour, gazing up into the night sky without a care in the world.

"Thank you Y/N, this was really sweet of you to do," Cheryl muttered, breaking the silence.

"I told you you'd like it," you teased.

She leaned up on her elbow so she was looking down at you, her hair cascading around her.

"I love you Y/N," she said looking into your eyes.

"I love you too Cheryl," you smiled.

She rested her hand on your neck as she leaned down to kiss you.

You held onto her waist eagerly kissing her back.

Tonight nothing mattered except for you and Cheryl.