Old feelings (Betty x reader)

Request: Could you do a Betty x reader fic where the reader is worried that Betty still likes Archie?

It was no secret that Betty had had feelings for Archie throughout her childhood, but when the two of you started dating she told you all those feeling for him were gone.

You believed her.

But as time went on you couldn't help but notice the glances, the lovestruck smiles or the overly cheery attitude when he was around which all went beyond one would give just a friend.

It made you worry that maybe all those feelings weren't quite as gone as she wanted to believe.

"Betty, can we talk?" you asked her one day after another encounter where she seemed to be flustered around Archie.

"What's up?"

You took a deep breath finding the courage to ask the question you were afraid to know the answer to.

"Are you sure you're over Archie?" you questioned shyly.

"Of course I am Y/N," she said taken back by the question.

"Sometimes... it just doesn't feel like it, a minute ago you could barely keep your eyes off him."

There was a moment of silence before Betty responded, "I'm sorry Y/N, Archie is my best friend. I had feelings for him for a long time and maybe part of those feelings are still there but they don't matter because I have you."

"I can't just be some rebound Betty."

"That's not what I'm saying, I stopped wanting to be more than friends with Archie when I met you. It's not easy to just make all those old feelings go away when he's still such a big part of my life but I would choose you over Archie any day," she told you confidently.

You smiled, "Alright, let's go to Pop's and just forget about all this."

"I would love to," she said intertwining her hand with yours