Tryouts (Cheryl x male reader)

Request: Hi, could I request a Cheryl imagine and what if like the male reader broke up with Cheryl right before cheer tryouts and he's the star of the soccer team, and Veronica has a crush on him, he loves to make her jealous to show that she still loves or cares for him like as they have a Beck and Jade type relationship from Victorious and like at cheer tryouts, he kisses Veronica to make Cheryl jealous and she's gets mad but at the end they get back together? Thanks.

You and Cheryl had always had an on and off relationship.

You loved each other but you constantly pushed each others buttons, making each other jealous was one of a few ways to do so, and turned to breaking up just to get back together soon after. 

This time you broke up with her because you saw her flirting with one of your teammates right before your first soccer game of the year. 

As captain of the team you were busy getting warm ups started and noticed one of the forwards, Tyler, was missing.

You looked around to see him flirting with Cheryl on the sidelines and broke up with her as soon as the game ended.

Two days later were the cheer tryouts and you went there to make up with Cheryl. 

You sat in the stands as tryouts went on.

Veronica, who had had a crush on you since she transferred, heard that you were single again so she decided to make a move and join you on the stands.

You saw Cheryl watching you two so you thought you would make her feel like you did before the soccer game. 

Veronica was casually scooting closer to you as you talked and was feeling your arm and complimenting your muscles as a flirting tactic.

She was leaning in like she wanted you to kiss her so you went with it, you closed the distance and gave her a chaste kiss.

This was the breaking point for Cheryl.

She got up in the middle of a girls cheer and stormed over to you two.

"What the hell Y/N," she practically yelled.

"I guess we both know how to make the other jealous," you smirked.

"I never would have kissed him you jerk," she said storming off.

You instantly knew you had messed up.

"I'm sorry Veronica," you said getting up to go after her.

You ran into the hallway, "Cheryl wait," you said calling out to her.

"Why so you can kiss someone else in front of me," she said without looking at you.

You ran up to her and grabbed her hand to get her to stop, "Cheryl please, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you this upset."

"Then what did you mean to do," she questioned.

"I came here today to make up with you, part of me was still mad about you flirting with Tyler and I saw Veronica making a move on me so I took it, I shouldn't have, I know it was douchey of me to do and I'm sorry," you pleaded. 

"I guess I shouldn't have flirted with Tyler either and I'm sorry about that Y/N," she said apologetically.

"Can we just forget that any of this ever happened, and stop purposely trying to make each other jealous from now on," you suggested. 

"Deal," she said smiling.

"Great," you leaned in to kiss her but she pulled back.

"No way Y/N, you just kissed Veronica five minutes ago, you're not kissing me for another twentyfour hours," she told you.

"Cheryl you can't be serious," you chuckled.

"Oh I'm very serious," she teased, "now if you'll excuse me I have cheer tryouts to finish," she winked before walking away.

You and Cheryl had a lot to work on in your relationship but there were some things that were never going to change.