She's mine part 2 (Cheryl x reader)

request: I love she's mine you think you could do a second part  

written by Jasmine

You still couldn't decide how you felt about what Cheryl was doing. On the one hand, you were happy she was still interested in you. But you were also angry about her ruining your dating life, especially when you had liked the girls you had dated.

You couldn't take not talking to Cheryl about it, so you decided to approach her at school. She was just finishing up a River Vixens practice, and most of the girls had already left. You made your way to the gym, watching for a few moments as she unplugged her phone from the stereo. You cleared your throat, 
to let your presence be known.

Cheryl whipped around, sighing when she saw you.

"(y/n)! You scared me," She exclaimed, and you chuckled.

"Just like you've been scaring away my dates?" You asked, crossing your arms. Cheryl's eyes widened, and you saw her blush faintly.

"I, uh, I don't know what you're talking about," She stammered. You rolled your eyes.

"I wasn't actually dating Ronnie, you know," You continued, and she bit her lip.

"You weren't?" She asked.

You shook your head. "I was only with her to see what was happening to all my dates."

"What do you mean?"

"Stop it, Cheryl! I saw you threaten Veronica, and I can only assume you threatened Lucy too," You said harshly, stepping closer to her. Cheryl sighed, running a hand through her long hair.

"I'm sorry," She started. "I just couldn't handle seeing you with other girls."

"Do you need a reminder that you broke up with me? For no reason at all?" You exclaimed, all your built up anger towards Cheryl coming out. "You threw away years of friendship and years of a relationship, Cheryl!"

Cheryl took a step towards you, reaching out for your hand. "I know, it was so terrible of me to do that, and I'm sorry."

You pulled your hand out of her grip, wiping away tears that had slipped out of your eyes.

"Why did you do it?" You asked, biting your lip.

Cheryl sighed. 

"I was intimidated."

You raised an eyebrow. "You were what?"

"I just-" She paused, looking for the right words to say. "You always did so well in school, and even though I did too, you would always do better. Even if it was by a fraction of a percent."

"Cheryl..." You trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"I felt like I had to impress you," She continued. "And I knew I wasn't. So I just assumed that I would end things with you before you could end things with me."

"You know it wasn't like that," You consoled.

Cheryl shook her head. "I thought it would be easier if I ended things. No surprise, less heartbreak, but I soon realized I was wrong."

"Why didn't you just talk to me?" You asked.

"Because I didn't want you to know," She whispered. You remained silent; you had been completely oblivious to how she was feeling.

"I love you so much, but I didn't think you loved me," She admitted.

"Of I love you, Cheryl!" You cried. "You could fail every course in school, and I would still love you."

Cheryl smiled a bit. "Really?"

You nodded, hugging her tightly.

"Really."