Wrong side of town (Veronica x fem reader)

request: Can i request a fem!reader x Veronica where the reader is from another gang on the other side of the town that no one talks about because they are involved in shadier and scarier things than the serpents.A guy wouldn't leave V alone late at night and the reader steps up for her and scares the guy away,but V takes an interest in her.Thanks

written by Jasmine

warnings - mention of drugs, mention of murder, guns, assault

You shivered a bit as you tugged your jacket closer to you, wishing that your brother would hurry up. He was supposed to pick you up from the bar, and he texted you that he would be there soon. But that was almost an hour ago.

You had considered going back inside, but you could take the cold. And it wasn't like being alone in the dark worried you; all you had to do was flash the tattoo that sat on your wrist, and it was enough to make anyone back off. Even a Serpent.

No one spoke about the gang you belonged to in Riverdale. Everyone thought it was easier to pretend you didn't exist than to discuss the horrors that occurred in your neighborhood. Members of drug cartels often came looking for revenge, as almost everyone had been across the border to smuggle something at some point. Murder was practically legal, and no one got away with wronging a member. No one.

You dialed your brother's number one last time, tapping your foot impatiently as it rang. You cursed as his voicemail began.

"Hey, it's me. If you still plan on coming, don't bother. I'll walk," You scoffed, shoving your phone back into your pocket. You started walking down the street, heading towards your neighborhood. You held your head high as you passed a few Serpents, who gave you weary glances. You didn't think twice about the distant shouting coming from the direction of Pop's, a diner you were banned from entering.

That was until your curiosity got the best of you, and you switched routes. You were worried it could be your brother; it was easy to get caught up in trouble on the preppy side of town. You picked up your pace, your fingers subconsciously wrapping around the gun that was tucked into the waistband of your jeans.  

"Can you just leave me alone?" A timid voice could be heard, and you could now see the two figures in the gravel lot outside the diner. You were ducked behind a few bushes, watching as the two argued.

"C'mon, we could have some fun," The man pushed, approaching the girl. You saw a flash of green on his jacket, which meant he was a Serpent.

"Seriously, stop it! I don't even know you!" The girl cried, shoving him slightly. You felt your heart rate pick up, anger flooding your veins as the man kept attempting to get closer to her. You pulled your gun from your waistband, checking the mag and flicking off the safety.

"Well if you're not going to come easy-" The man grabbed the girl, covering her mouth with his hand. You could barely hear her muffled screams as he went to pull her away, and you quickly raced from your hiding spot.

You aimed the gun at the man, your finger hovering over the trigger.

"Let her go!" You yelled, watching as he turned around. He chuckled, removing his hand from over her mouth, but he kept the grip on her neck.

"Why should I listen to you?" He asked as he pulled out a gun of his own, leaving it pointed at the ground. You bit your lip, dropping your aim to the ground as well.

You began to walk towards the pair, purposefully kicking up gravel as you did.

"Tell me why I should let her go!" He exclaimed. "You probably don't even know how to use that!"

You laughed, rolling up your sleeves despite the cold. You held out your wrist, revealing the tattoo. You had to stop the satisfied smirk that you wanted to show as his eyes widened in fear.

"You, you shouldn't be on this side of town!" He stammered. You aimed the gun once again.

"Neither should you," You shot back. "Let the girl go, and I won't have to make you disappear."

Even in the dark, you could see the colour drain from his face. He released her right away, before taking off down the street. You sighed, placing your gun back into your waistband. You slowly approached the girl, giving her a small smile.

"You alright?" You asked, being sure not to get too close, as you were sure she didn't trust you. You were surprised when she threw her arms around you, and you didn't know how to react.

"Thank you," She whispered. "I don't know what he would've done to me."

"Uh, yeah," You muttered. "It's no problem."

You had lived your entire life in a gang, and contact was something you weren't used to. But this girl, who you barely knew, you liked her touch. It was comforting.

"What's your name?" She asked, pulling away.

"(y/n)," You started. "Your's?"

"Veronica," She answered. "Veronica Lodge."

You didn't know what to say, so you remained quiet.

"I was just going to go inside and meet my friends; you want to come?" She questioned, gesturing to the obnoxiously lit diner. You shook your head.

"You're new to town, aren't you?"

She cocked her head to the side but nodded. You chuckled, biting your lip.

"I can't go in there," You sighed. "I'm not even supposed to be past the border; I could get arrested just for standing here."

Veronica raised an eyebrow.

"Well that's not comforting," She muttered.

"I'm just like you, Veronica." You brushed a strand of hair out of your face. "Just born on the wrong side of town."

She nodded, before opening her purse. She pulled out her phone, unlocking it and handing it to you.

"Could I at least get your number?"

Your mind was telling you no, that you shouldn't risk getting arrested just to see a girl you barely knew. But you had already taken the phone from her hand, and your fingers typed away quickly. You handed it back, and she smiled.

"I'll text you." She turned on her heel, making her way into Pop's. You shook your head at yourself, before heading back to your side of town.