Study break (Betty x reader)

Request: First I love you with Betty Cooper

You fell in love with Betty Cooper way before you started dating.

Problem was, you didn't know when it would be the right time to tell her.

Riverdale had become a wreck since the murder of Jason Blossom and everything going on with her sister made you even more nervous despite the fact that you had been dating since before the summer even started.

Betty had asked you over for your usual study session after school.

She was lying on her bed with books surrounding her while you were sitting at the edge of the bed in her desk chair.

Two hours had gone by before you suggested a break.

"Good idea, I'm barely reading these books anymore anyways," she responded while moving some of the books aside so you could join her.

You laid down next to her but were a little further up so you could put your arm around her shoulders as she rested her head on your chest.

You were having a light conversation about what the gang had been up to lately.

You knew about some of the reckless things they had done, breaking into the school at night, Betty breaking into Ms. Grundy's car, the Serpents' bar and so on.

It worried you how careless your friends could be sometimes, especially Betty.

"Just don't do anything stupid okay, I love you and whatever it is, is not worth getting hurt over," It took you a second to realize that those three words had just come out of your mouth.

Betty sat up and looked at you.

"You love me?"

You knew there was no turning back now, "Yeah, I love you Betty."

She put her hand on your cheek pulling towards her for a kiss.

After breaking apart she smiled at you, "I love you too Y/N."

You kissed her again relieved that you had finally told her and that she felt the same way.