In front of the fire (Cheryl x male reader)

Request: can you write a Cheryl x male reader where the reader is veronica's older brother the one who saved Cheryl when she almost drowned in the river and afterwards they have a moment by the fire and talk about them being together and share a kiss?

Being the older of the Lodge siblings you grew used to having to bail your sister out of trouble.

At some point while constantly playing the mediator between her and Cheryl, you actually became quite close with the other girl.

Veronica didn't like her brother hanging around Cheryl, she was skeptic and assumed the worst in her that she would use you to get to Veronica.

But she didn't see in Cheryl what you did.

When you heard the news of Clifford Blossoms involvement in his son's murder and then his own suicide you spent hours trying to contact Cheryl with no luck. You even went to Thornhill but her mother said she was not home.

You were driving around town when you got the text from Cheryl saying she was going to be with her brother now.

It took you a moment to understand what she meant, but when you figured it out you rushed to Sweetwater River.

Cheryl stood on top of the frozen river as you called her name.

You took a step forward but heard the ice cracking under your weight.

"Cheryl, please get off the ice, this isn't what Jason would want," you pleaded.

There were tears in her eyes, "I have to be with JJ."

You were panicking and suddenly she was gone.

The ice underneath her broke.

You ran to her not caring about cracking noises following you.

You got to the ground and reached your hand in the water but she had already been swept away by the current.

You frantically pushed snow around looking to find her underneath the ice.

You finally scraped a pile of snow aside to see her hand tapping the ice form below.

Without thinking you started punching the ice.

There were flecks of red in the snow as you cut up your hands but you didn't falter.

You hit harder and harder until the ice finally gave way.

You got on your stomach reaching in to grab Cheryl from underneath her shoulders.

It wasn't the best grip but it was good enough to bring her up far enough for her to pull herself out the rest of the way.

You quickly took off your jacket and put it around her.

You were both breathing heavy as you held her tightly.

"Cheryl, come back to the Pembrooke with me, you can get warm there."

Back at home you found a set of clothes that Cheryl could borrow from Veronica.

As she changed you started a fire in the fire place and found some spare blankets.

The two of you sat in front of the fire, wrapped in blankets and surrounded by silence.

"Thank you for saving me Y/N," Cheryl muttered breaking the silence.

You couldn't find the right words to say so you just put your arm around her bringing her closer to you.

She leaned her head into your chest, "I thought that maybe, maybe my dad had the right idea, maybe I deserved to be with them too."

"No Cheryl, you deserve to be alive, you deserve to be happy, to be loved," you sighed.

"No one is ever going to love me."

"Cheryl... I love you, and I don't know what I would do without you in my life."

Cheryl looked up at you after your declaration. .

"You do?" she asked softly.

"Yes I do, I love you Cheryl Blossom and if you'll have me, I will spend everyday showing you how special you really are."

Cheryl gave you a faint smile and leaned in to kiss you.

You rested your hand on her cheek as you kissed her back.

You were going to keep your promise, no matter what.