You're nobody 'til somebody loves you (Betty x reader)

request: A Betty x reader imagine based off the song You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You by James Arthur.

written by Jasmine

warnings: throwing up (for all my fellow emetophobes out there)

You're nobody 'til somebody loves you.

"You don't understand, Ronnie," Betty insisted, a large grin present on her face as she twirled around her bedroom.

Veronica smiled, she loved seeing Betty so happy. It was like some virus had taken over, and all her worries and stress were gone for now.

"Then explain it to me," Veronica suggested, sitting up a little straighter. Betty laughed, halting her twirling.

"I'm not too sure I can," She admitted. "It's like I wasn't fully living until (y/n) said they loved me."

"You don't live until someone admits they love you?" Veronica asked.

"No, no," Betty countered her statement. "But yes."

"You're not making any sense." Veronica laughed. Betty sighed.

"It's like I was missing a puzzle piece, and I finally found it," She started. "I'm finally me."

"Yeah?" Veronica questioned, and Betty nodded.

"Yeah."

It's hard times when nobody wants you.

"What's your biggest fear?" You asked Betty, playing with the hem of her sweater as your head was on her chest.

"I've never really thought about it," Betty admitted.

"Well is it something like the ocean?" You started. "Or something like dying alone?"

"Dying alone would suck," She acknowledged. You chuckled.

"But is it your biggest fear?"

Betty shook her head.

"Then what is it?" You pushed. Betty sighed but gave you a small smile.

"Losing you."

Fill up my cup, don't ever stop coming.

"I think you've had enough," Veronica noted, trying to yank the red solo cup from the blonde's hands. Betty tightened her grip on the cup that was practically filled to the brim with some unknown spirit.

"I'm not even close to done," Betty slurred. She suddenly stumbled, before leaning forward. Vomit landed on the carpet and Veronica's shoes, but that wasn't her concern right now. She grabbed the cup from the girl, placing it on a nearby table.

"I'm taking you home, Betty," Veronica ordered, grabbing the girl and attempting to pull her to the front door. Betty squirmed in her grip, giggling.

"No! I want to stay!"

Veronica groaned, releasing her. She pulled out her cell phone, dialing your number. She placed the phone up to her ear, keeping her eye on Betty to make sure she didn't wander off.

"Hello?" Veronica heard your groggy voice answer, and she sighed.

"Hi, sorry. Did I wake you?" She asked.

"It's okay. What's up?" You questioned.

"Betty, she's super drunk and refuses to leave with me," Veronica answered.

"Where are you?" Your voice had gone from sleepy to urgent, and she knew you were already up and getting ready.

"We're still at Archie's," She informed you, before hearing the jingle of car keys.

"I'll be right there."

You're nobody til somebody loves you.

You placed a glass of water and two aspirins on a tray, before making your way back up into your bedroom. Betty was still sleeping, her hair and makeup in complete disarray. You smiled, thinking about how much you loved her, even when she was throwing up in your bedroom. You set the tray on your nightstand, just as she woke up.

"Good morning," She mumbled, taking a deep breath and stretching her arms.

"Morning," You greeted. She reached her arms out for you, muttering something under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Cuddle," She whispered, and you chuckled. You hopped into the bed, wrapping your arms around the girl's waist. She placed her head into the crook of your neck, letting out a sigh.

"Thank you," She said.

"For what?"

"For loving me enough to take care of me," She explained. You shook your head.

"Yeah, you're lucky I love you that much," You teased. She laughed a bit, hugging you tight.

"What would I do without you?"