The lake (Cheryl x reader) Harry Potter au

Request: Do you think that you could do a image in the universe of Harry Potter where de fem!reader x Cheryl blossom like each other but are in different houses (Ravenclaw x Slytherin). And like the reader is nice to everyone but salty asf. And is super close with Betty and the gang but she always say that is not true

You met Cheryl your first year at Hogwarts when all of the new students were huddled together before the sorting hat ceremony.

You hoped you would end up in the same house as the girl that intrigued you but to your disappointment she and her brother Jason were sorted into Slytherin and you were put into Ravenclaw.

Now it was your seventh year and despite turning out to be the stereotypical Slytherin, something about Cheryl still gravitated you to her.

Cheryl was just as fascinated by you too even though she knew that Slytherins, especially pure-bloods like herself, only dated within their own house.

A few years prior you had snuck off for a quiet evening alone at the lake to get away from the hectic lifestyle that came with being a Hogwarts student.

To your surprise Cheryl was there too, avoiding her own problems.

That's when you first really got to know each other, ignoring the usual rift between your houses. 

Cheryl always stood up or you, telling her housemates to knock it off whenever they picked on you, but that didn't stop her from throwing her own jokes at your rag tag group of friends.

You found her antics to be funny, she spoke the truth, your friends always did attract trouble and it could be quite annoying at times.

There was also an apparent disconnect between yourself and your friends.

You and Betty became close after constantly studying together in the library and she was the one to introduce you to Archie, Jughead, Veronica and Kevin.

You were nice to everyone, it was just in your nature but you didn't quite fit in anywhere, even with Betty and her friends.

Though with Cheryl it was different.

You never had to try so hard with her. 

Throughout your years, you and Cheryl had made a habit of sneaking off to hang out at the lake after dinner.

It was your spot.

There, you weren't Y/N the Ravenclaw and Cheryl the Slytherin, it was just you and her, two friends who may or may not like each other as more than friends but didn't know how to admit it. 

The two of you sat in the sand looking out across the water complaining about that days events in your shared apparitions class.

You were talking and laughing and scooting closer and closer to each other without realizing.

Before you knew it she leaning against you and it just felt right.

"I really like this Cheryl," you muttered.

"Like what?" she asked confused.

"Being here with you, away from it all, no one else's opinions to worry about," you said contently.

"I like it too," she said resting her head on your shoulder.

"It's so easy to talk to you, my friends always seem to be too busy in whatever shenanigans they've gotten themselves into to care about what I have to say."

"Well that's their loss, I think you're an excellent conversationalist," she chuckled.

You laughed with her and then came silence. 

"Cheryl, there's something I've wanted to do for a while but I've been too scared to do it," you blurted out.

"And what's that Y/N?" she asked sitting upright again..

You didn't say anything, instead you just leaned in and quickly kissed her. 

You pulled away and she was grinning, "What if I said that I've been wanting the same thing."

You smiled and leaned back in for a longer kiss this time, your hand going to rest on her neck now that you had the reassurance you needed that she felt the same way making your ordinary day at the lake now forever unforgettable.