Have to try harder (Cheryl x reader)

Request: First I love you with Cheryl 

Things with Cheryl Blossom were never easy, relationships included.

She was raised to be perfect on the outside but you knew how messed up how her family really was.

One night she showed up at your front door after a fight about how vain she had been acting towards your friends Betty and Veronica.

"What are you doing here Cheryl," you questioned her still upset over the prior incident.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I realized I was being a bitch earlier. I just wanted to apologize."

You could see the sincerity in her eyes, "come on in," you told her stepping aside so she could enter your home.

You stood awkwardly in your living room neither of you knowing what to say next.

"Cheryl, I know you and my friends don't exactly get along but if we're going to make us work you guys need to at least try being nicer to each other," you finally spoke.

"I know Y/N, I will try harder, I guess I was just jealous of how much time you were spending with Betty and Veronica," she unexpectedly admitted.

"Jealous? Why would you be jealous of them?"

She sighed before speaking, "before I met you JJ was the only person who ever really cared about me. You're the only thing keeping me sane right now. I love you Y/N and I'm afraid of losing you too-"

This was the first time she had told you she loved you.

The confession made her start to get teary eyed so you cut her off by kissing her, "I love you too Cheryl and you have nothing to worry about, I'm not going anywhere."

You wiped away a tear that had run down her cheek and she smiled.

"I promise I'm going to try harder, even if it means being less of a bitch to your friends," she said in a joking manor.

"That's all I ask," you laughed before kissing her again.