In the city of love (Cheryl x male reader)

Request: Cheryl x male reader where the reader asks the Blossoms for their permission for Cheryl's hand in marriage. When they say yes, the reader proposes to Cheryl. Who, obviously, says yes

a/n: set 5 years in the future after college

During your college years you and Cheryl had always talked about taking a huge trip to Europe after you graduated.

What Cheryl didn't know was that you had been saving up for the last two years to make that dream a reality. 

On your graduation night you surprised her with tickets to your first stop, London. 

You had wanted to ask Cheryl to marry you for some time now but thought what better place to propose to her then in Paris, the city of love.

But before you could do that you wanted to have her mother's blessing.

After the ceremony while Cheryl was busy taking pictures with her friends you pulled Penelope to the side to talk to her.

"Cheryl told me you're taking her to Europe, that's very kind of you," she told you stoically. 

Penelope had never been your biggest fan, even when you and Cheryl were in high school. 

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about, the last stop on our trip is going to be Paris and I want to ask Cheryl to marry me but it would be a lot easier if I have your blessing." you told her.

"I don't know Y/N," she muttered.

"Mrs. Blossom, I know we have our difference but I love your daughter and you're the only family she has left. I've known since high school that one day I would ask Cheryl to marry me and I can't wait any longer." 

"Alright Y/N, you have my blessing to ask my daughter for her hand in marriage," she somewhat smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Blossom," you sighed out of relieve. 

"Please Y/N, you're going to be my son-in law soon, call me Penelope." 

A few days later the two of you were boarding a plane to London for a month in Europe.

During your time there you saw the Big Ben and Buckingham palace, the Stonehenge in Wiltshire, flew down to Spain to see the Alhambra in Granada, partied in Ibiza, took a train to Italy to see the Pantheon, the Coliseum and Trevi fountain in Rome, just to name a few landmarks on your adventures. 

The end of your trip was approaching and the last stop was four days in Paris. 

Of course you saw the Eifel tower and the Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile.

There were also the romantic gondola rides down the canals.

On your last night you took a stroll down the Seine River.

You stopped Cheryl and turned to her.

"This last month has been absolutely incredible," you told her.

"Yes it has Y/N," she chuckled, "thank you so much for bringing me here."

"I would do anything for you Cheryl, and I don't ever want to stop taking adventures with you."

You put your hand in your pocket to grab the ring box you had been carrying around with you for a month and Cheryl gasped when you got down on one knee.

"Cheryl Blossom I have been in love you since our days at Riverdale High and I always knew that you were going to be the girl that I spent the rest of my life with. I have been the luckiest man in the world to have you by my side and don't know where I'd be without you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes Y/N, of course I'll marry you," she said pulling you back up to your feet to kiss her.

At some point during your speech you had grabbed the attention of various passer byers who were now cheering that she had said yes.

You pulled away and you both smiled as the small crowd cheered.

"I love you Cheryl Blossom."

"I love you too Y/N Y/L/N," she said leaning in for one more last quick kiss. 

The crowd dispersed and Cheryl leaned in to whisper in your ear, "I think we need to change tomorrow morning's flight, we've got a long night of celebrating ahead of us."

"I'll have it changed by the time we get back to the hotel room,"  you grinned.