Future (Betty x reader)

Request: Could you please do a Betty x reader where the reader proposes to her

a/n: this set like 10 years in the future

You and Betty had never had the easiest relationship.

Riverdale had a way of tearing people apart.

But ten years of ups and downs with Betty and you knew she was the girl you were meant to spend the rest of your life with.

You left Riverdale for college where you eventually moved in together.

A few years went by and for once you had a quiet life but you both lived with the memories of everything that happened during your high school years.

The two of you were coaxed into coming back to Riverdale for the weekend of a huge town event.

It was nice getting to see all your old friends that you had lost touch with over the years.

At the end of the night you pulled Betty to side, "can we talk?"

"Sure Y/N, what's going on."

"It's just, being back here has reminded me of everything that we've been through, and how much we've grown you and me."

"Yeah it's crazy to think about how much has happened since then," she smiled.

"Yeah," you laughed, "but it's made realized that I wouldn't have gotten through any of it without you... and I don't ever want to think about being without you."

You grabbed the ring box you had been keeping in your pocket and got down on one knee.

"Betty, will you marry me?"

She put her hands over her mouth out of shock.

"Yes, yes Y/N I will marry you," she said trying not to cry.

You got up and she kissed you.

You didn't know what the future would hold but you knew you could get through anything with Betty on your side.