64

Three updates in one day! Are you sick of me yet ;) 

I hope you enjoy. Please vote/comment. 

<><><><><>

Daryl

The meeting was that afternoon. Sasha and I were crouched on the roof of the parking garage overlooking the hospital's parking lot. We were side by side looking down through the scopes of our rifles. We waited until one of the cars drove away. I lifted my hand and snapped at Tyreese to get his attention.

His voice was quiet as he spoke into the radio. "They're headed towards the vantage point."

"Okay, copy that," Rick's voice crackled back through the radio. Sasha and I turned towards the meeting place on the other side of the parking garage. We ran to the other side crouched down so we wouldn't be spotted. Once we reached the other side we set up side by side once more as planned. It was strange working with Sasha instead of Jo. She was different, and I didn't entirely trust her decision making right now. She was still too torced up after Bob's death to be thinking clearly. 

I didn't like the idea of Rick being down there by himself, with us all the way up here as his only back up. But it was the best we could do. Tyreese wasn't a good enough shot to take my place and he wouldn't be any help down on the ground. As we planned I took the man on the left and Sasha took the one on the right as they climbed out of their car to meet Rick. I watched through my scope as Rick reached around for his gun with his left hand and set it on the ground. He held his hands out to the side so they could see he wasn't a threat.

They talked for a while, the man in my scope was tense, and sweat started running down his forehead. I reached over and tapped Sasha's foot with mine. A walker was coming up behind the group, only Rick would have eyes on it. Sasha waited until Rick tapped his leg once, signaling when killing it would have the most influence. She took the shot. The walker fell and both cops recoiled, their eyes searching the surrounding buildings. When they couldn't find us they turned their attention back to Rick and completed the deal with fear in their eyes.

<><><><><>

Jo

I woke again to Beth's quiet voice. She gave my shoulder a gentle shake. "Jo, you need to wake up?" 

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I stared at the room around me, going very still. It looked like I was in a hospital room, but that couldn't be right. The last thing I remembered was running with Daryl but I couldn't remember where we were running to. I turned to stare at the blonde girl standing beside my bed. 

"Beth?" I asked, hardly able to believe I was seeing her. Suddenly the hospital room made sense. 

She nodded smiling. "You have to get up. We're going home." 

I didn't know what to say, didn't know how to respond. "What?" I asked stupidly. I was in too much pain to think clearly.  

Beth took a deep breath and seemed to be fighting to stay upbeat. "Rick negotiated for us with Dawn. They are making the trade in an hour. We get to go home." 

I nodded and slowly sat up. I didn't really have the heart to tell her we didn't have a home anymore. Just a church. My thoughts went to sleeping on the floor of an abandoned office building in Daryl's arms. He was all the home needed.