48

Hope you enjoy!
Please comment/vote!

<><><><><>

Jo

"Teach 'im fellas, teach 'im all the way."

There was some deeper meaning in Joe's words than I realized. The look on Daryl's face convinced me it was going to be very bad. I flinched when Billy jumped over the top of me and swung his rifle, catching Daryl in the stomach. I tried to yell to Daryl to warn him, but the gag in my mouth kept anyone from understanding me.

"You leave him be!" Rick roared. The man holding Carl dragged him out of the truck. I glanced at him, but couldn't take my eyes off of Daryl as a second man hit him across the face and knocked him down. I fought against the rope, twisting and turning my wrists. I fought until the muscles across my shoulders and chest burned. Daryl fell back against the truck and Billy moved in and hit him with his rifle again.

"You'll get yours, you just wait your turn," another one snarled and I knew Michonne must have moved like she was going to intervene.

"Listen!" Rick's voice had dropped an octave as he fought back panic. "It was me, it was just me!" he roared.

"Now that's right!" Joe replied brightly. "Look, we can settle this, we're reasonable men."

The sounds of fists hitting flesh filled my ears as did Daryl's grunts of pain.

"First we are going to beat Daryl to death, then..."

I didn't hear the rest. It felt like I was losing him all over again. Joe's words echoed in my ears and I went wild. I fought to get up, to help him, to do anything. I couldn't lose him again. I struggled to get up but the remaining man was there and he stomped his foot down on my back between my shoulder blades, sending me onto my stomach in the dirt. He pressed his foot down on my spine and I whimpered in pain. He pressed down even harder, making me bow my back as I fought to get away from the pressure. It was unrelenting and as he pressed me into the ground I couldn't turn my head. The gravel bit into my cheek and my eyes watered as dirt filled them. All I could do was listen to what was going on as my face was turned the wrong way. I could hear Carl's cries and Rick's desperate pleas for them to leave us alone. Above all Daryl's pain echoed in my skull. I had to help him.

I flinched at the sound of a sudden gunshot. There was an immense silence following and I went nuts trying to get up and away from the man standing on me. I couldn't hear Daryl anymore and I was sure he was dead.

"I got him!" I suddenly heard Joe chuckle. "Oh, it's gonna be so much worse now."

There was another gunshot and I heard Daryl yell right after something slammed into the truck.

I yelled and cried against the gag, pushing back against the man. Tears and snot ran into the dirt under my face. I dug my toes into the dirt trying desperately to get leverage as I heard more struggling and fighting. I had turned myself into a goddamn weapon to survive The Governor this piece of shit wasn't going to stop me.

"Come on," Joe taunted laughing, "let's see what you got."

The sounds of struggling were all around me, and I finally managed to dig my feet in. I tensed my muscles and rounded up to throw the man off. He staggered sideways, but didn't fall. He regained his balance and swung to face me.

The man stalked up to me and brought his gun down across my temple. I was dazed and fought back the instant urge to vomit. I tried to push myself to my knees again to face him but four gunshots sounded and he crumpled to the ground.