119

Your votes and comments are enjoyed and appreciated!!!!

<><><><><>

Daryl

They kept me in an empty cell for days. When I first got there they had their doctor patch me up and took everything I had. My clothes too. But if they thought this would be enough to break me they were wrong.  They thought it was going to make me be one of the little bitches that bowed down to this asshole. I would never kneel no matter how long they kept me locked in here. 

The only time the door would open was when Dwight brought me a sandwich twice a day. It smelled like shit, but I had to keep my strength up if I was ever going to get out of here. He would slam the door, plunging the room back into darkness and the lock slid home. The room was twelve feet by six feet. Cinder blocks half way up, plaster walls above that. Two exposed pipes that wouldn't move no matter how hard I pulled. 

I lay naked on the cold cement floor near the door where I could see the light from underneath the door. The light beneath the door never changed so assumed it was lights in the hall and not the sun. It was freezing and I shook uncontrollably for the first four sandwiches. It wasn't so cold I was going to get hypothermia, I knew where that line was. It reminded me of the time when I was a kid and my tent flooded when I set it up wrong. I had shook all night long when my old man made me sleep in the rain soaked tent and sleeping bag so I would learn my lesson. I had survived that and I would survive this. 

Then there was the music. He played it over and over and over. Sometimes it would go away and come back on at odd hours. I had never heard the song before this, but in the space of time from one sandwich to the next I knew all the words. There were times when I wasn't sure if the song was actually playing or if it was just running over and over again through my brain. 

What kept me going was when I remembered how hard Jo had tried to get Negan to take her. She had put on a show for him, flirting and showing off. I had never seen her like that and I didn't like it. All I could think of was what he would do to her if he got his hands on her. 

Jo

It was the only thing that kept me from fighting back. She couldn't be here. I deserved to be here for what I did to Glenn, and yet somehow Jo had still fought to take my place. She couldn't be here, not in a cell like this. She hated the dark. She never said it, but I knew it was left over from Woodbury. I swore to myself a long time ago I would never let her end up in another place like this. She had to have known it could be something like this, and still she had tried to sacrifice herself for me. 

Two more sandwiches and Dwight threw a pile of clothes at me. It was sweatpants and a shirt but it was at least some warmth. Another sandwich and he opened the door. I didn't bother to look up at the bastard. I would never show these bastards weakness. My crossbow came into my view. 

"Get up," he snarled, and when I didn't move he grabbed me by my shirt and jerked me to my feet. He shoved me out the door ahead of him. I made note of every room and turn off this hallway. Dwight shoved me around a corner and through a door. It was the doctors room. I had been here when I first came and he patched me up. Now, Sherry was sitting on the exam table. She wore a short dress that was pooled high up her thighs. Dwight was watching her. 

Both she and the doctor looked up when Dwight jerked me to a stop roughly in the doorway. 

"Carson," Dwight said. 

"We were just finishing up," the doctor said. 

"Well, chop-chop," Dwight responded tightly. 

I kept my chin down but used my hair so I could keep my eyes on the room.