105

Hey Guys, I hope you enjoy this update! I had to go back and do a little bit of editing on 104. Turns out my editing brain isn't one hundred percent at midnight after working ten hours, who knew? Hahaha But small, changes have been made to clean it up a bit, nothing to the story though.

Anyway I hope you like this one. Please keep up the amazing Comments/votes! You guys are awesome!

<><><><><>

Daryl

We ran down the road after the truck. It left an easy trail since it was still dragging the vending machine behind it. I was surprised how long it managed to, I hadn't made the chains that tight. It was a few miles before we came up on the vending machine.

Rick and I stopped, both covered in sweat and gasping. Maybe Jo had it right with her jogging.

I stepped towards the vending machine. It was crazy, the glass was still not broken. I pulled out my bolt cutters and used them to smash the glass. I pulled out all the candy and chips and found three cans of orange soda in the bottom.

"This was a special request from the doctor," I said, shoving them into my back pack. At least something good came out of today.

"Hey, whatever she wants," Rick agreed still gasping.

I found one more can in the bottom, but it had a puncture in it. I sucked some down from the hole in the bottom then handed the rest to Rick. It had been a long time since I had soda and it was too sugary. I grimaced, not sure how I had ever liked something that sickly sweet.

"She saved Carl's life. We didn't know her, and she turned out to be alright," he was still trying to talk me into bringing new people back, but he hadn't been out there with Dwight and Sherry. They were good people, I knew it, but they had still screwed me over for themselves. It didn't matter anymore.

"If there are still people out here," he hesitated, "and they're still people. We should bring them in."

I shook my head. "What like this guy?" I challenged, jerking my chin down the road.

Rick shook his head and scowled. "No, not this guy," he growled.

"We still gotta trail," I said motioning up the road. Lucky for us the road hadn't been driven down in a long while so it was obvious where the truck had gone.

Rick took a few more deep breaths to prepare himself. "Let's go."

<><><><><>

Jo

After class the kids went their separate ways. Enid and Carl left together, talking quietly with their heads close. I was glad Carl had found someone to connect with. He had been doing better since we arrived here in Alexandria, but I still worried about him. He had seen and done a lot. It was good to see him acting like a normal teenage boy despite all the horror he had witnessed. It gave me hope that we could all be better one day.

I finished cleaning up the classroom and closed the garage door behind me. I needed to go talk to Brian's mom, Alicia, though I wasn't looking forward to it. She had been having a rough time since the wall went down. She hadn't come to any of the community meetings and as far as I knew hadn't left the townhouse she and Brian shared.

I walked through the community towards the townhouses. Stephanie and Olivia waved as I passed them.

"Hey Jo!" Stephanie hollered, waving.