123

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy the update!!!

Please keep up the awesome comments/votes!

<><><><><>

Jo

"Jo!" I heard voices calling behind me but I didn't stop, I couldn't stop. The gate slammed such behind me and I broke into a jog and then a run, leaving Alexandria behind me. I veered off the road after only a couple of minutes and disappeared into the forest heading east. I moved parallel to the road for some time. I stood zero chance at keeping up with the trucks, but at least I had an idea what direction they were headed. It was a start. 

Daryl had blinked seventeen times, but I didn't know if that represented minutes, miles, number of guards...all I had to go on was east and the number seventeen. 

I hadn't been on the move for very long when I smelled smoke. I slowed and then stopped. I spun in a slow circle. Was someone else out here? For me to be able to smell the smoke so strongly meant it had to be a pretty big fire. I wrinkled my nose as I realized it wasn't wood smoke I was smelling. I lifted my eyes to the horizon and spotted huge plumes of white smoke. 

I jogged towards the smoke. As I neared it my hand hovered over my knives. But there wasn't anyone in sight. A walker appeared and I cut it down without even really looking at it. The body landed with a viscous squish but I was already walking towards the fire. I slowed as I approached. Mattresses. It was all of the mattresses they had taken from us. 

They took them simply to lower moral and because they could. It had been nothing more than a power play, just like setting this fire so close to Alexandria where we would be sure to find it. I ground my teeth. Negan was a clever bastard, I had to give him that. He knew his business. I hated him just a little more. 

I continued down the road, scuffing my shoes in an effort to attract walkers. I needed an outlet for my anger. I couldn't keep all of this bottled up, it would cloud my judgement. So in order to clear my head, I killed them. I let my body move and stretch and tried not to think too hard about what it meant for my sanity that I needed to do this. 

I lost count of how many I killed. It didn't matter. All that mattered was finding The Saviors. I traveled until dark. I hadn't seen anyone aside from the walkers the whole rest of the day. It did no good to keep moving after dark, it wasn't worth missing anything and I was tired. I started looking around for tree that would hold me. I found one and swung up onto one of the thicker branches and settled in for the night. 

I didn't sleep, not really, but I drifted in and out and tried to come up with a plan. I needed to find one of the main arterial roads that The Saviors used. Then I could lay my trap and find a savior for my very own. 

A little before dawn I dropped out of the tree, landing silently. It took another couple of hours before I found what I was looking for. The road looked well traveled compared to the others. I looked back and forth and nodded. This was it. I headed back into the woods and started banging my knife loudly against the trees until the walkers started to come. Normally I fought silently, but instead I yelled and shouted and made a ton of noise. I needed as many walkers as possible and I needed them fast. I had no idea how long it would be until a car came by and getting caught with my trap only half laid would be disastrous.  

I killed them, dozens of them. I killed them and I dragged their bodies down to the road. I laid them across the road in a barricade. I made the pile large enough that even one of the large trucks wouldn't be able to bash it's way through. By the time I got the pile the way I wanted it the sun was high in the sky and sweat was running down my back. My hands and forearms were covered in blood and gore.