55

Hope you enjoy this one ;)

Please vote/ comment as you go! I would love to hear your thoughts! I have a few choices to make in the next couple chapters that will seriously influence the direction of the story!!!

<><><><><>

Jo

I didn't like this and I didn't trust it. It didn't feel like a trap, not from a big group, but there was something off about the good priest. I just couldn't put my finger on it as he led us towards his church. Rick and Daryl were up on the lead, keeping close to him. I think they were both feeling a little overprotective with everything that had happened.

The priest led us down a small path that crossed a brook. There were some large boulders that we were able to hop across. The forest opened up into a clearing. There was a picturesque small, white church with a steeple and a small cross. The sign out front said it was episcopal but I didn't know what that meant. My knowledge of major religions left much to be desired.

Father Gabriel marched up the front steps to the large wooden doors. He pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and moved to open the door. Rick reached out and stopped him.

"Hold up, we would like to have a look around. You understand. We would like to hang on to our squirrels."

My lips twitched but I didn't smile. I met Rick's gaze and he jerked his chin to the right. I nodded and walked around the right side of the building. Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Glenn were going in the front door.

I didn't like it, didn't like not knowing what was happening in there. I kept one ear on them while I prowled around the building. I turned the corner to go around back and flinched as a large body came into my view.

I jerked up my kukri and was ready to attacked.

"Whoa, whoa, easy killer," Abraham said, holding his hands up, "We're on the same side remember?" He flashed me a smile and I scowled at him.

I froze for a moment, letting my eyes drift behind him.

His smile fell. "We're clear that way," he said gruffy, he seemed miffed that I was double checking his work.

I nodded. "This way too." Then I turned to head back around the front of the church. I still couldn't hear anything inside the church, but the thick wood shutters could easily muffle any sounds. I was anxious to get back and check on the others.

"Where'd you learn?" Abraham called after me.

I glanced over my shoulder at him and frowned. I didn't like talking about myself with other people, but I was surprised no one had told him already.

"I tried asking Maggie about you but she wouldn't say nothing. Just said something bad happened to you. I asked Daryl and he told me it weren't none of my business."

I nodded. "That about sums it up."

Abraham cocked his head. "Come on girl, you don't learn how to fight the way you do just by being out here even if you were on your own."

I snorted and shook my head. "Gladiator matches," I called glibly over my shoulder like it didn't matter to me, like it wasn't the most horrific thing I had faced in my life. I stalked back towards the group. I could almost feel his surprise but he stopped following me. I didn't like the feeling that he was evaluating us all. His priority wasn't the group, it was Eugene and his 'mission' to DC, which meant we couldn't rely on him, not really. His loyalty would only go so far and I wasn't interested in finding out how far that was, I just wanted him gone.