115

Okay guys, so I changed this scene quite a bit, please don't be mad. I normally stick pretty close to the original story line adding original scenes to accommodate Jo, but I couldn't resist having the opportunity to change this one! There's been a lot of build up to this one, so I really hope you guys enjoy it!

Please Comment/Vote!!!

<><><><><>

Jo

They loaded us up and kept us in the back of a van. There was a bench against one wall where the others sat, but I was on the floor with Daryl half collapsed against me.

They had been incredibly thorough when they had searched us for weapons. Dwight had leered at the injured Daryl as he reached up under my shirt to take the knife I had hooked on my bra strap. 

 Daryl hadn't moved the whole time. His jaw had been clenched, looking like it was made out of granite. I didn't struggle and didn't react, not wanting to provoke Daryl into thinking he had to do something about it. Despite his taunting however, Dwight's hands never strayed beyond where I had hidden my knives.

I found it especially strange that Dwight had taken Daryl's vest. Even stranger that he had put it on and started carrying Daryl's crossbow over his shoulder. I couldn't decide if he was trying to taunt Daryl or if he was emulating Daryl. Either way, it was creepy.

The man with him had thrown a blanket back at us. I wrapped it around Daryl. The bleeding had slowed, but he had lost a lot of blood. His skin felt cool and clammy beneath my hands. I tried to get him to rest, but he never closed eyes once. He leaned against me, his body tight with tension as he shook from the pain but he never let his guard down.

They didn't drive us very far before the van stopped. Dwight glanced back over his shoulder at us. "Sit tight," he instructed hefting Daryl's crossbow and climbing out of the van. "If any of you try anything I won't hesitate to kill you," his eyes cut to me. "Starting with you sweetheart."

They both climbed out, leaving us alone.

"Dare-" I started to say, scrambling around him so I could check the wound. The sun was already setting and his face was cast in shadows.

"I'm fine Jo," he said and he coughed and winced. The gunshot was high in his left shoulder, far from his lungs or vital organs. The exit wound had somehow missed the shoulder blade, but there was a lot of intricate connective tissue up there. I tried not to think about all the possible ways this could go wrong and affect his use of his left arm in the future.

"Did they find everything?" Michonne asked in a low voice, she meant my knives.

When I glanced up she was staring at me. I licked my lips and nodded slowly, not daring to look at Daryl's face when I responded. The others had missed the search, but Dwight had made sure Daryl watched.

I paused, frowning. Dwight has realized Daryl and I were a couple, but we had never said that. And knowing Daryl he never would have told them about me when they were in those burnt out woods together. So either Dwight had been watching us closely for some time, or he was better at reading body language than most. I was betting on the former.

Michonne sighed in disappointment and leaned her head back against the van.

"So now what?" Rosita demanded agitatedly. She was leaning forward, resting her forearms on her knees, her eyes were flickering back and forth between Michonne and I. With Daryl down she wasn't sure who was in charge. To be honest, neither was I. My vote was Michonne, I was no leader.