120

So obviously I decided to keep up my normal pace of writing and updating. I was too excited to write this part and get it out to wait. The story is really rolling in my head right now and I don't want to stop. I really want to thank you all for the encouraging words. You are such amazing readers and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support.

Please comment/vote!

<><><><><>

Daryl

When I came to I was back in the cell. I groaned and rolled over onto my back. They had done a good job. They beat the shit out of me but nothing felt broken. It took practice to have that much restrain and know when to back off. Bastards. I pulled myself slowly up the wall, leaning against it for support. I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth, it felt like I had some bruised ribs.

A shadow suddenly blocked the light from under the door.

"Daryl?" Sherry's voice came softly. "Are you there?"

I didn't respond. I had nothing to say to her.

"There's so many things I wish I never found out. I wish I didn't try. Back in the woods...after I lost Tina...when we took your stuff and we decided to go back. I told you I was sorry and you said. 'You're gonna be'," there was a hesitation and I heard her sniffle. "I am," she said in a low voice. And then she hurried away.

I leaned my head back against the wall and closed my eyes. I hated myself for feeling bad for her. She had been dealt a shitty hand, but that didn't excuse her screwing me over when all I did was try to help her.

When the music started back up a short time later it was louder than before. It was so loud it barely resembled music any more and I could feel the beat through the concrete floor. They were trying to break me. Made me wonder if using Sherry was somehow part of their strategy. If so, they were sicker bastards than I had given them credit for. I couldn't trust anything in this place. But that was nothing new. There had never been much in my life I could trust.

Jo

If they thought they could break me like this they had another thing coming. I deserved to be here for what I did to Glenn, but I wouldn't break. I had been through worse than this.

The music stopped so abruptly it startled me. The lock slid and Dwight stepped in. He held out a sandwich but I ignored it. He threw it at me. I watched him struggle with his temper then he whirled to leave.

He hesitated with his hand on the knob. "Eat," he commanded. When I didn't respond he sighed and shook his head. "Look, you got your friend killed. I got Tina killed. And don't pretend like you didn't know the score. We both did."

I lost my temper at that. I was nothing like him. I snatched up the sandwich and threw it in his face as hard as I could. He flinched and turned his head to the side, but let it bounce off of himself. He turned back to me and knelt down in front of me, his temper snapping in his eyes. "You should be dead. But Negan's taken a shine to you. You're lucky. Don't forget that," and he reached into his pocket and taped something to the wall next to my face. "Bon appetit," he growled and he slammed the door and the lock clicked home.

I didn't want to look at the picture. I didn't want to know what it was. But in the end I couldn't stop myself. I had to know. I had to know if it was someone else I loved. If someone else was dead now too. My hand shook as I pulled it off the wall and turned it over.

It was a picture of what had been left of Glenn after I did what I did. It slipped from my hand and I turned towards the wall.

Another song started and I shook my head, trying to drown it all out. Finally, I couldn't hold it back anymore and knowing there was no one here to see I started crying. Glenn had been my friend and his death was fault. Maggie was alone because of me. Glenn's kid was going to grow up without knowing it's dad because of me. I should have been the one to die, not him. I deserved everything they had done to me and much, much worse. My body shook with the force of my sobs. They had depended on me, trusted me and I had gotten him killed. Glenn never would have been out in those woods if it wasn't for me. If I had just-