93

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy! Please comment/vote!

<><><><><>

Jo

Michonne was the first one to move. "Everyone should go home," she said looking over the group. The Alexandrians were frozen in shock, uncertain what to do with themselves in the wake of the deaths. Michonne standing before them with her katana naked in her hand seemed to stir them to action. They all slowly disbursed, glancing fearfully at us over their shoulders.

I turned, stepping out of Daryl's arms. "Do we know for certain there was only one?" I asked Rick, my gaze flickering down to the dead Walker.

He looked over at me, pinching his lips. "Pretty sure," he replied.

I stared at him hard. "Pretty sure isn't good enough for me," I said. "A couple of us should take a few laps though, just to be safe," I looked to Michonne as I spoke, confirming she was on board with the decision. Rick didn't look to be in any condition to act as constable.

"You and me?" she asked.

I nodded and turned back to Pete's body. I kicked it over so it flopped on it's back and bent down, pulling my knives. I wiped them both off on Pete's pants and tucked them away under my jacket.

When I turned around both Deanna and Spencer were watching me with tear filled eyes. I looked away from them and found Jessie staring as well. I shook my head. I was beyond caring what they thought of me anymore.

"I'll take care of the bodies," Abraham said in a low voice. Rick flashed him a grateful look, though he was still distracted by the new arrival.

Daryl stepped up, like he was going to go with me, but I shook my head. "You should go get something to eat," I said. I let my eyes travel over him. He didn't appear to be injured and all the blood on him probably belonged to Walkers. "Get cleaned up."

Carol jumped into action at my words. "Why don't you boys come on back to the house and I'll make you something to eat. I'm sure you have a lot to talk about," she said gently.

Daryl looked mutinous but Carol took his arm and firmly guided him, Rick and Morgan back towards the house.

Michonne and I each circled the compound three times before we met up outside the armory.

"See anything?" Michonne called as she approached me. Her katana was still in her hand.

I shook my head. "Just a lot of nervous glances from behind the drapes."

"Can you blame them?" Michonne asked, shifting her weight restlessly.

I saw her point.

"Why don't you head back," she said jerking her head towards the house.

"Are you coming?"

"I'm going to do a few more laps," she said.

"Do you want a hand?" I asked. I didn't blame her for wanting to make sure everyone was safe. I turned to look out into the night, trying to decide if I would feel better doing another lap myself.

Michonne shook her head, waving me off once more. "No, you should head back before Daryl comes looking for you."

I snorted and headed towards the house. I paused at the top of the stairs on the porch looking in through the glass on the front door. Daryl and Morgan were both sitting at the island, eating and chatting quietly. Daryl as usual seemed to know when he was being watched because he looked up and caught my gaze. After a long moment he quirked a brow at me. Asking if I was coming in. I nodded and smiled before opening the door.