158

Hello my friends! I know, I have been away for a very long time and heartlessly neglected you. I'm very sorry! I hope you enjoy the update and are looking forward to the return of TWD this weekend! I still have mixed feeling about what happened, but am looking forward to seeing how the story is going to play out. As always I am so incredibly grateful to all of you and your support. You are the best readers anyone could ask for!

Happy Reading!

<><><><><>

This was not the plan.

When Rick opened fire on Negan and the factory everyone around me followed suit. I grimaced, completely unprepared for the overwhelming noise of fifty assault rifles. Beside me Maggie was firing shot after shot, her face pinched and determined. Most of the people were aiming their guns upward toward the large windows that covered nearly the whole side of the factory facing us.

Glass and bullets rained down on Negan and his lieutenants sending them scurrying. I fired a few shots in Dwight's direction, not caring if I hit him. Yes, he had helped us, but there was no way I was going to let him live after all he had done to Daryl. Fortunately for Dwight we were a little too far away and I wasn't a great shot. I had always felt like aiming with knives should translate better into using a gun than it seemed to.

All five of his men made it through the factory door out of harms way, but Negan himself had been further away. He had been standing just at the edge of the loading platform. Rick fired straight at him and he didn't have a choice. He had to throw himself over the rail and down into the courtyard to avoid being hit by the curtain of falling glass and flying bullets. He made a move towards one of the other external doors and I lifted my rifle and fired off a couple shots at him. The gun jumped in my hands and I tightened my grip. I really did hate guns.

Negan dropped and rolled behind a concrete barrier but not before he caught my eye. I made a kissy face at him. Rage clouded his eyes and a smirk pulled at my lips. Rick tracked Negan's movements and adjusted his position, moving further along the barrier to try and get a better shot at the leader of The Savior's. Rick let off a spray of bullets and Negan dropped down behind the barrier, hidden from sight.

I lowered my gun slowly, keeping a sharp eye out for anything out of place. The knot of worry that had lived in my chest since we devised this plan slowly started to loosen. We were almost done. I heard a distant explosion and I turned to look down the road. Daryl was coming.

"NOW!" Maggie screamed beside me. I flinched and glanced back at her. She was waving at everyone, encouraging them all to retreat to their cars as per the plan. I turned back to the factory and let off a spray a bullets as I backed towards Rick's truck. We needed to clear everyone before the next explosion. The cars all started to pull away, breaking up the protective shield. As soon as the first ones pulled away the people left were exposed.

"Shoot those cock suckers!" Negan screamed.

My head snapped towards him and Rick immediately started firing on him. Suddenly there were bullets zinging past us as The Savior's opened fire. I ducked halfway behind a cement barricade and fired the rifle over the top, not really caring if I hit anything. We just needed to hold them back a little longer. It was almost done.

I heard the RV as it rolled forward towards the gate. I glanced towards Rick, but he wasn't paying attention. Negan was on the ground, covering his head as Rick shot at him. I had a single moment of elation when I thought maybe Rick would be able to hit him. I tightened my jaw when I realized there was no chance. We were still too far away, and shooting through the chainlink fence and the maze of walkers was nearly impossible.