63

Please vote/comment

<><><><><>

Daryl

We drove the truck into the city and stopped at a warehouse on the outskirts of town. Sasha and Tyreese had both offered to come with us. I wasn't surprised Sasha wanted to get away from the church where Bob had died. It did surprise me when Tyreese offered to help save Jo. Things had been better with Jo with the group but I couldn't help remembering back at the prison when Tyreese had attacked Jo.

Rick and I led the way into the wide open second floor of the warehouse. We quickly cleared it, then gathered together to discuss the plan for getting Beth and Jo back. Noah looked nervous coming back into the city but he was determined to save Beth. Made me wonder what was going on with them. Noah drew a map of the hospital on the cement floor and we all gather around it.

Rick crouched down over the map so he could point things on the map. "At sundown we fire a shot into the air, get two of them out on patrol. Then, once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out."

I nodded along with Rick's plan so far.

Tyreese frowned and shifted uncomfortably. "How?" he asked, looking from Rick to me and back again.

Rick looked up at him. "He slits his throat," he said shrugging. "This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us. From there we fan out, knives and silenced weapons. We need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha, take them," Rick said motioning to the map. "Daryl, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. I got Dawn. If they're smart they'll give up then, if not it will be five on three. Six on three once we get a weapon to Beth." Rick licked his lips, glancing at me once then back to the group. "We have to assume Jo is going to be too hurt to fight. We'll have to cover her."

"Twelve on three," Noah spoke up. "The wards will help."

Tyreese nodded along. "That's best case. What's worst case? All it takes is one of those cops going down the hall at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet, all hands on deck. We're talking about a lot of bullets flying around."

"If that's what it takes," Sasha growled from beside her brother.

"It's not," Tyreese replied with certainty. "If we get a couple of her cops, alive out here, we do an even trade. Theirs for ours everybody goes home."

Rick stood and nodded. "Yeah I get that, and it might work. This will work."

I finally spoke up. "Nah, that will work too. You say this Dawn, she's just trying to keep it together right?"

Noah nodded cautiouly. "Trying and doing are two different things."

"You take two of her cops away, what choices does she have? Everybody goes home. Like he says," I said motioning to Tyreese.

Rick stared at me like he didn't recognize me. He knew how I felt about Tyreese and he was surprised I would agree with Tryreese's plan. Then Rick stopped and thought for a long minute before he nodded slowly trusting my decision on how we were going to save Jo and Beth.

<><><><><>

Daryl

The cops came, just like Noah said they would. I had to give the kid credit, he was willing to put his ass on the line for Jo and Beth. We lay in wait, crouched behind boxes and crates watching. Noah ran up the narrow alley and crashed into the front quarter panel of the cop car as they skidded it around to cut him off. He fell to the ground and both cops climbed out, pointing guns at him.