7

Hey guys! I really hope you are enjoying!

<><><><><>

Jo

I came awake slowly the next morning. I was so warm I didn't want to move.

"Jo," Daryl said in a quiet voice. "Are ya awake?"

I groaned and rolled over onto my back. My pillow wasn't as comfortable this way, but I was still so tired. I felt a warm hand close around my arm and my eyes flashed open. I flinched as I saw Daryl looking down at me and it took me a moment to realize my pillow was his thigh. I bolted upright and nearly head butted him in the process. He pulled back just in time, moving away from me almost as fast I was scrambling away from him.

"Hey," he said, holding his hands up. "Yer fine." He drawled in a soothing voice.

I landed back on my butt and let out a breath as my heart slowed. I looked around to see if anyone else was around.

"Everyone is still sleep' in," he said in a quiet voice.

I nodded and sighed, scrubbing at my eyes. "Sorry," I said embarrassed.

He shook his head and waved it off. I wondered how long I had been sprawled across his lap sleeping. I hoped it wasn't long but I was too embarrassed to ask. I really didn't want to know. I had been so exhausted when I finally consented to sleep, I barely remembered curling up on the hard floor beside him.

Now that it was light out he seemed as awkward as I felt and we both climbed to our feet. The rest of the group woke not long after, saving me from having to come up with something to say. Daryl swiped at his mouth and gathered his things before heading out to the vehicles to help T-Dog and Rick get them ready to travel. I hung back with the others and worked on searching through the rooms for anything that could be useful.

As I prowled through the rooms, pulling open drawers and cupboards I found precious little. The only thing was a small bag of peanuts, which I slipped into my back pocket before anyone else saw it. I owed Daryl for the granola bar yesterday.

Once Rick was satisfied there was nothing left to find he ordered us all down to the vehicles. I guided Kate ahead of me, keeping a hand on her lower back while she carried our gear. I helped her climb up through the break in the wall before tossing our stuff up after her. T-Dog was boosting the others through. I gave him a grim nod and jumped, intending to pull myself up. Someone grabbed my arm and I flinched back, nearly pulling Daryl and I back through and dumping us on the ground.

He swore and dropped his crossbow beside him so he could grab me with both hands. "What good are all those pull ups if ya can't get your own ass over a wall?" he snapped.

I snorted and shook my head at his angry tone. I climbed the rest of the way up with his help. "Sorry," I mumbled. He snorted and scooped up the rest of his stuff. "Come on, Kate's already at the truck."

I followed him, feeling like things were a little less awkward between us. There were a few of Them down the street but our group moved quickly into the vehicles and were ready to pull out before They became too interested. Kate was already situated in the passenger seat so I walked around to the drivers seat and slid across into the middle. I shoved my gear at her feet and settled in.

<><><><><>

Jo

We drove until dark when the vehicles in front of us stopped. We were on another lonely county road, like the one they had found me on but at least we were clear of the city. There was nothing in sight; no cars, no buildings, and most important none of Them. Rick climbed out of the RV and walked back towards the other vehicles.