Not an Update - But do get excited!

Hello friends!

So I realize it has been almost two years since I last updated Last One Standing. At the time I stopped writing Daryl and Jo's story I was really struggling with motivation. When the writers killed off Carl, I struggled even watching the show, let alone continuing to be inspired by it to write my own twist on the story. I made the decision at that time that I would rather step away from the story and make sure whatever I was putting out was the kind of quality I could be proud of, rather than putting out chapters merely for the sake of publishing. I wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you who has supported me in this decision and continued to enjoy LOS. It blows me away that this story, that I so vividly remember counting every read as they came in from 10 - 100, has reached just shy of 800,000 reads. It is just unreal to me.

The reason I am putting out this notice is because of three very special readers. They have been reading and commenting every chapter as they have made their way through LOS over the last month, sharing their thoughts and feelings over the course of the entire story chapter by chapter. Following their comments and re-reading the story with them has inspired me to get back to Jo and Daryl's story and finally finish it. I do read every comment and I appreciate them all. It really is your interactions with the story that get me writing and keep me inspired. I won't name anyone in case they are not comfortable with that, but I think you probably know who you are and please know I appreciate you.

My new found inspiration led to me getting back in the show and I finally started watching season 9 and 10. I am just starting season 10 - so no spoilers. But I'm looking forward to introducing Jo to the Whisperers. And definitely look forward to a Jo/Alpha showdown.

I wanted to let you all know that you could expect an update in the next couple weeks and wanted to give you fair warning in case anyone wanted to re-read to get back in the flow of things like I needed to do.

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I have been writing almost every day of the last week or so and it feels so good to get back in Jo's head.

Thank you as always for your support!

SJM