135

<><><><><>

Daryl

I stood at the fence all that morning. Hell, I had been since Jo and the others left. I just couldn't shake the bad feeling I had about Jo facing The Saviors. Negan liked her and hadn't been shy about it. She was also the guaranteed way to control me. Negan would be an idiot not to use her to try and get me back, and Negan was no idiot.

Ezekiel and a group of his men including Jerry and Morgan left in a couple of trucks shortly after dawn. I couldn't see much, but they looked like they were loaded down with supplies. Only one thing I could think of would need the king and a couple of truck loads of supplies.

Over the next few hours a couple of Ezekiel's people came by, trying to get me to let them take my place. I said no until the trucks came back. Then I happily climbed down off the wall and waited for them to get out of the trucks. I watched as the group climbed out, they all looked pretty worked up. Had to be The Saviors. When the others left and it was just Morgan and the kid I stepped forward.

"Hey" I called and Morgan looked up at me. "Where'd ya go in them trucks?" I asked, wondering if Morgan had the balls to lie to me.

Morgan looked back at the kid. "I need to speak with Daryl alone, that okay?" he asked politely.

The kid nodded, "Yeah, I'll get you something for that cut," he offered and he trotted away eagerly. The kid looked young, maybe around Beth's age, but he was wearing the paint ball gear the others here wore and carried a stick like Morgan fought with.

"Yeah," Morgan agreed, but he didn't look back at him.

When the kid was gone I walked down the steps towards Morgan. "Ya went to see them, right?" I challenged.

Morgan lifted his chin. "Yeah," he said and he didn't even look ashamed. 

"Part of your deal?" I asked, when he didn't respond I took another step towards him. "What the hell's wrong with ya?" I growled. "You're bleeding," I said pointing at the cut on the side of his head. "They did that to you. Ya know what they are."

"I do," he responded nodding in agreement but his jaw was still set. He wasn't going to give an inch.

I shook my head in disgust. "You know, if Carol were here, she saw all that. If she knew about Abraham and Glenn...she'd be leading us right to them, to kill them all."

Morgan nodded like he was agreeing with me. "She would," he said. "And that's why she left man."

I froze at his words, but I refused to back down. It wasn't right, Carol not knowing. Lying to her like he was. Even if she did want time to herself, she deserves to know.

I scoffed at him and stalked away. Morgan could never be reasoned with. He couldn't be when he was in Alexandria and his time with the crazy king didn't help nothing. They were a couple a peas in a pod, assholes who willingly knelt to that bastard. Far as I was concerned they were no better than Dwight.

I walked through the community too pissed off to do anything else. I needed to get outta here. If Morgan, who knew us, wasn't willing to help, why the hell would the damn king? I wasn't going to convince nobody. Rick had to know that. I was more use out in the woods.

I was halfway down the street when I spotted one of the groups fighters. His name was Richard I was pretty sure. He had been one of the ones who had been eager to fight with us. He was standing in front of a target, holding a bow and arrow awkwardly in his hands as he notched an arrow.