104

Hope you guys enjoys! Please comment/vote! I love hearing from you!!!

<><><><><>

2 months later

Jo

I woke to a rhythmic, repetitive thudding coming down through the wall near my head. I groaned and tried to snuggle deeper under the covers, pulling them over my head to muffle the sound. Beneath my cheek Daryl's bare chest shook as he chuckled. His arm tightened around my waist pulling me closer.

"Carl!" I heard Rick yell, his voice was tinged with agitation.

I could relate.

Next door, the group had split up, many of the couples, like Abraham and Rosita and Glenn and Maggie, had moved into homes of their own. Our house remained unchanged. Daryl and I had stayed with Rick, Michonne, Carol and the kids. The subject was brought up at the last community meeting that more townhouses were available. Daryl, however, had never seemed the slightest bit interested in moving out and separating from the people he considered to be his family. And, though on mornings like this I wished for a little more privacy, I would never push him on it.

The thudding had stopped, but now I was awake. I groaned again and snuggled deeper into Daryl. He was so warm. His fingers glided along my hip and I rubbed against him.

"No fair," his voice rasped, low and husky with sleep and other things. He rolled over and glanced at the clock groaning. "I gotta go," he said, starting to pull away.

"Five more minutes?" I teased, rubbing myself against his side.

He chortled. "Five minutes? That all darlin'?"

I laughed out loud. "Okay, half an hour," I reasoned.

He just shook his head and dipped his head down and his lips glided over my neck. I squirmed in his arms. He stilled for a second, and his demeanor changed from passionate to playful in the blink of an eye. I laughed out loud when his fingers grazed my ribs.

"No!" I squealed as he ticked me. I rolled away from him, tangling myself further in the sheet. 

He chuckled low in his throat and climbed out of bed, swatting me playfully on my ass.

I laughed again and rolled over onto my stomach to watch him get dressed. Things had been so different the last couple months. Daryl seemed happier, lighter. He laughed and played and told jokes. We all did. After what happened, the community rallied together and we rebuilt and expanded. Since construction was completed, Rick and Daryl had been going out together on runs and looking for people. Sometimes I went with them, but often my duties around the community prevented me from accompanying them. I hated when Daryl left, but having Rick watch his back was almost as good as me being there.

"Ya planning on getting up anytime soon Darl'in?" he teased, buttoning his jeans.

I arched a brow suggestively, then giggled because I felt ridiculous. "Just enjoying the show."

He smirked at me, holding his shirt and vest in one hand. I climbed out of bed, letting the sheet pool at my feet.

His eyes darkened and he swallowed tightly. "Rick's waiting..."

<><><><><>

Daryl

Forty-five minutes later I jogged out of the house. I was late and Rick was waiting. I pulled on my vest as I took the stairs two at a time. I still needed to talk to Denise before meeting Rick. I jogged towards the infirmary but I found her walking towards the pantry.