160

Hello Everyone! I know it's been a few weeks since I have posted. I currently have a class I am attending that is taking up a lot of my time. It's going for well but is super intense. I promise I haven't abandoned this story or forgotten about you! I hope you enjoy the update!

Happy Reading!

<><><><><>

Daryl

I handed back the walkie talkie to Aaron. There was a slight tremble to my hands, but he was too upset to notice. Rick had said Jo got out with Gabriel. But Gabriel didn't get out. Morgan saw Gabriel and someone else fight there way to a trailer and were trapped. Ten walkers deep.

It had to be Jo. If she was with Gabriel and he got caught there was no way she would have left him. I needed to get back there and figure out how to get them out. If The Savior's cleared the walkers first they would have a straight shot at Jo. He would have a straight shot at Jo. I couldn't risk that. I had to go.

I turned to see Rick walking towards Aaron and I, a baby in his arms. I frowned, wondering which one of the men we had killed was her pops. I shook my head, it didn't matter. We would take her back with us. She would grow up safe with Little Asskicker and Glenn and Maggie's baby. If no one else would take her Jo and I would. I knew that for a fact. I had seen her with Little Asskicker and knew she must have been an amazing mom before all this started.

Rick shifted his weight, rocking the baby to keep it quiet. He turned to Tobin. "I've got a stop to make and Daryl's only got his bike. Maybe she can go back with you or Scott?"

Tears were still on Aaron's face as he stepped forward. "She can come with me," his voice broke as he tried to compose himself. "I can take her to the Hilltop, she'll be safe there."

Rick didn't look entirely convinced. Aaron had just lost Eric and he wasn't thinking clearly. "Aaron, you sure?" He asked.

Aaron nodded and held his hands out for the baby. His hands were shaking slightly.

Rick handed her over, but he hovered over her, making sure Aaron had her okay before he stepped back. "Her name's Gracie," Rick said.

I turned away from the baby my thoughts churning. I headed towards my bike. Gracie would be safe at Hilltop. I needed to make sure Jo was safe. It was hard to think about plans for the future when so much was still uncertain. As far as I was concerned, things had changed and we needed to end this now.

"I'll see you back home." Rick called to me as he walked towards his Jeep.

"I'm going for Jo," I told him walking backwards towards my bike. I wasn't asking.

Rick nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, I figured," he agreed. It was a good thing he didn't decide to try and talk me out of it. He wasn't going to like how that ended.

"You sure you still wanna go talk to those assholes?" I called back to him. This was the one part of Rick's plan we had disagreed on. I thought it was a dangerous waste of time. "Maybe wait until ya got some back up..." I wasn't offering to go with him. Not until I knew Jo was safe. "If ya wait, maybe that chick would listen to Jo..."

Rick looked offended, but it was the truth. The leader there had warned up to Jo. She and Rick had done nothing but butt heads. Jo had proven herself to them. And maybe it had nothing to do with Rick and more to do with the fact that Jo was a woman. I couldn't tell. All I knew was that she didn't see to respect Rick.

But I could tell by the set of his jaw that Rick wasn't gonna listen no matter what I said. "Naw, you go after Jo. This is how this gets done," he said resolutely.