103

Enjoy the update! Please comment/vote!

<><><><><>

Jo

I sagged in relief. If Abraham and Sasha was here, he was here. They were all safe and they were here. He was here. I swallowed back the bone crushing relief and focused on the task hand. Emotions had no place here, not right now. I could be relieved to see him later. Right now they needed me to be focused and strong.

Abraham started laughing and firing at the walkers who were closing in on us while Sasha cut me a path towards the gate. I jogged over, jerked open the gate and a gas truck rolled through. Abraham and Sasha were standing on top of it, which left one person behind the wheel. My brain tripped over where in the hell they could have gotten a frick'in gas truck. As it rolled in I reached out and knocked on tank. It didn't sound empty but then again I was no expert.

The truck stopped halfway through the gate near the platform and Sasha and Abraham helped Enid and Maggie climb on top of the truck with them. I exhaled, some of the tension leaving me. Maggie was safe and no longer my sole responsibility.

Glenn ran around and climbed into the cab. I stood at the gate, waiting for Daryl to roll the truck through. I stood there, staring out at the open road, debating whether or not to close it. The last thing we needed was more Walkers drawn to the noise inside the walls and I somehow doubted any would walk out on their own.

The truck rolled forward ten feet and I pulled the gate closed and latched it. I trotted around the side of the truck and Daryl was leaning out the drivers window, looking back at me.

I met his gaze and exhaled again. An unknown knot loosening in my chest. Suddenly things like breathing and thinking seemed so much easier.

"What the hell happened?" Daryl snarled loud enough to be heard over the engine. His blue eyes were hard as his looked me up and down, checking for injuries.

"The wall went down," I called back, pulling myself up onto the ladder on the side of the tank.

Daryl raised his eyebrows at me in disbelief and I nodded. His gaze hesitated over the bare skin of my arms. I rolled my eyes but couldn't deny I would have done the same if our situations were reversed.

"Maggie," I called, leaning back on the ladder to look at those up too.

Maggie's head appeared and she looked at me expectantly.

"Toss me my jacket."

She dropped it down and switching arms I slid it back on. The gore on my forearms made the lining stick to my skin uncomfortably, but it wouldn't matter soon.

I turned back to Daryl and lifted my eyebrows as if to ask if he was happy.

He smirked.

I shook my head. "We gotta figure out how to get them out of here!" I hollered up to him.

Abraham and Sasha were leaning over the side of the truck listening to us come up with a plan.

Maggie leaned over the edge. Now that Glenn was back that air of hopelessness was gone. And in its place was an iron will determined to fight. "They're scattered throughout the compound, we could try and draw them together..." Maggie dragged off, frowning .

I looked around. The streets were still filled with walkers. Too many to count meant too many to fight.

"Naw," Daryl shook his head. "We get 'em all together. Won't have to lead them away."