110

<><><><><>

Jo

It was still dark when I awoke. I was sprawled across Daryl's bare chest, and his soft snoring told me he was still fast asleep. I reached up and laid my hand against his chest feeling his slow, steady heartbeat beneath my palm. Despite the early hour I knew I wouldn't sleep again. I was amazed I had managed to sleep at all last night. But when Daryl and I went to bed he had seemed to understand, and committed himself to wearing me out. It had worked, and I had managed a few hours of uninterrupted sleep after.

Not wanting to wake Daryl with my restlessness, he needed as much sleep as he could get, I slipped out of bed. The air was cool against my bare skin. I peaked out the door and when I saw no one in the basement I jogged to the bathroom. I showered, and pulled my wet hair back into a stubby ponytail to keep it out of my face. I was amazed it had gotten so long.

When I slipped back into the room wrapped in a towel Daryl was sitting up, wiping at his eyes sleepily. I froze, caught off guard by how amazing he looked. The sheets were pooled in his lap, his hair still mussed from sleep, the front of it falling into his eyes. His lips twists into a smirk as he caught me staring.

"Morning, Darling," he said. He stood and crossed the room, pulling me against his warm chest.

I kissed him back gently but then pulled away. He looked down at me, but seemed to understand. I needed to keep moving, and it was a fight to resist the urge to start pacing.

He glanced out the window and the sun was just starting to come up. "Still a couple hours til we leave," he said scratching at the stubble on his cheeks.

I nodded, and turned to the closet. I pulled out a pair of dark skinny jeans, and a long sleeve, black, thermal Henley. The shirt was tight enough it would fit comfortably under my shoulder rig but it would keep me warm enough I could leave my leather jacket behind once we went inside. I didn't want anything getting in the way of my ability to fight.

As soon as I was dressed I pulled on my shoulder rig and knee high boots. Daryl sat back on the bed and watched me as I slowly started to arm myself. He didn't say anything as I triple checked my knives once they were all in place.

"Are you nervous?" he asked in a low voice.

I looked up at him in surprise. "Not for myself," I said honestly. I sighed and dropped down onto the bed next to him.

He looked at me curiously but didn't say anything more, waiting for me to get out what I needed to say. "Just-no unnecessary risks today, okay Dare?"

He frowned at me, and then a gentle smile crossed his face. He slid an arm across my shoulders and pulled me into him. "Ya got it darling," he promised, speaking against my hair. "As long as ya promise me the same."

I looked up at him frowning. He snorted. "Out of the two of us darlin' I am not the one with a history of rash decisions."

I looked at him, my mouth dropping open in shock. "Oh really?" I asked incredulously.

"Really," he replied with a teasing smile as he caught me in his arms. He leaned back against the pillows, pulling me down on top of him. I started to protest, but he silenced me with a passionate kiss. His tongue slid against mine as his hands started fiddling with the straps of my shoulder rig.

"Dare," I said, gasping for breath as I pulled back.

"We got hours darlin' and nothing to do but worry," he said firmly.

"But Dare, we should..."

"We should what?" he asked, arching a brow at me an impish look on his face. Then he leaned forward, his tongue and lips moving over the sensitive skin of my neck.