150

Hey All! I hope you enjoy the update! I absolutely love reading your comments and so appreciate all the votes and support. You guys are the best readers ever! This story would never have made it this far without all of you!

<><><><><>

Jo

It was after noon before we got everyone back into Alexandria. They followed us back from the landfill. Some on bicycles, and the rest piled into three garbage trucks. I didn't know why but as the gate slid closed with all of us inside a bad feeling went over me. I glanced over at Jadis and Tamiel, but they were speaking in low voices with Rick, Michonne, and Daryl. Tobin secured the gate. I cracked my neck and ran the tips of my fingers over my knives.

 Jadis's shrewd and hungry eyes were taking in our community and I didn't like it. These people were greedy scavengers and while I knew they had been here once before, inviting in through the front gate and showing them everything we had felt wrong. 

"What you fight for," she observed loud enough for me to hear. 

Rick nodded, stepping in front of her to draw her attention to him. "Not the place, the people, each other. You're a part of that now." 

Jadis narrowed her eyes at him. "We take, we don't bother - our way," she turned in a small circle, looking over our home. "Maybe another way..." she allowed. 

"Jo," Rick called my name. I cracked my neck and I stepped up next to them. "We've got a few last minute changes, we just wanted to run them by you."

Jadis looked confused as she looked back and forth between Rick and I. "Little, why? What Little know you not?" Jadis asked in her funny way, but the scowl on her face proved she was unhappy with the situation. I had the distinct feeling Jadis either didn't like or didn't trust Rick. It weirded me out a little to know she liked me.

"Jo understands Negan better than most," Rick explained patiently.

Jadis turned to look at me, pursing her lips. "Little know, Little lead, Little know Little lead better." She said in an almost sing songy rhythm that had my head hurting. 

I swore she did it on purpose, picking words and their meanings apart just to make it confusing to everyone listening to buy her more time while they struggle to find her meaning. As far as strategy went it was clever, though that made it no less obnoxious to be on the receiving end of it. 

"Rick is our leader," I said firmly before anyone else had managed to translate. Rick suddenly stiffened and I knew he had finally figured out she was questioning his leadership. I glanced at him and when I looked back at Jadis she was watching us closely, a sly, satisfied smirk on her face. 

Jadis sniffed. "If Little say so," she responded casually, lifting a shoulder as though it were nothing to her either way.

I sighed and glared at her. That only made her smile widen.

She turned her attention to Michonne. "Yours?" Jadis asked, lifting her chin to indicate Rick. 

I bit down on the inside of my lip, I knew exactly what a Jadis was about to ask. She was causing trouble again, just to cause trouble.

Michonne looked confused by her question. "Yeah, we're together," Michonne replied. 

Jadis nodded. "I lay with him after, you care?" she asked, cocking her head to the side as though it were the most normal question in the world to ask. 

Michonne's eyes widened and Rick looked back and forth between the two women awkwardly. 

"We should get back to work," Michonne said firmly.