128

Hello all! Thank you so much for all your love and support. As promised, here is the second update for the day to celebrate our 100,000 reads! Hope I didn't make you wait too long!!!

<><><><><>

Jo

I tried to sleep that night, I really did, but I was too keyed up. There were too many unknown factors and I had spent too long waiting for this chance. We were going to fight. After tossing and turning for several hours I finally got up and threw some gear in Daryl's backpack just in case this ended up being a longer trip than we anticipated. Once that was done I glanced at the clock and winced when I saw it was only a little after three in the morning. Sighing I got dressed, putting on my shoulder rig as well as the throwing knives that strapped to my thigh. I tucked the gun I had taken from The Savior woman I had killed into the holster under my arm. Then I went out into the living room and threw knives at the dart board until I heard movement upstairs. 

I walked to the board and pulled out my knives, tucking them away. I stepped to the couch and scooped up my leather jacket, shrugging it on and swung the backpack over one shoulder. I was ready. The only thing missing was my kukri on my waist and Daryl at my back. We were going to get the later and if I saw Dwight, I was going to get my kukri back, no matter what it took. He didn't get to live. 

I glanced around the basement feeling a little like I might never see it again. It was odd, I had never felt this way before. Maybe it was because no place else had ever really felt like a home before. But no matter what happened things were going to be different when I came back. Either I was coming back with Daryl or not at all. I no intention of half-assing what might end up being my one and only chance to get him back. 

Everyone was awake upstairs. Gabriel came over and took Judith while we all piled out to an SUV that was parked at the gate. I climbed into the cargo area so the six of us could all ride together. There was no reason to take more than one vehicle. Rosita wouldn't look at me, and her shoulders and back were tense the entire way drive to the Hilltop. I shook my head, wondering if she thought I was going to attack her or something crazy like that. I took a brief power nap in the car on the way over. It wasn't much, but the brief doze helped me feel a little sharper. Our plan was to fight, but first we had to be diplomatic. First we had to convince others to fight with us. I used to be good at diplomatic, good at talking to people, I lost that somewhere along the way. 

We parked a little ways down the hill and walked the rest of the way so the people on watch would be able to see it was us and not feel threatened. Rick and Michonne led the way, I brought up the rear, keeping my eyes on the horizon to make sure we weren't being followed or watched. Deciding to go to war was all well and good but it wouldn't do us any good if the Savior's figured that out before we had a chance to organize our allies. 

We walked through the open gates, and I couldn't help glancing over my shoulder watching out for any potential threats. Maggie came out to greet us with a warm, welcoming smile on her face. Rick walked up to her and pulled her into a tight hug. Tears were swimming in Maggie's eyes when she pulled back. 

"You're okay?" Rick asked in concern. 

Maggie gave him a gentle smile. "I'm okay, the babies okay, all of us." Maggie said with certainty, resting her hand on her still flat stomach. I could see how worried she was about Rick. I didn't blame her, from what I remembered Rick had been little better than me after it all first happened. 

"You were right," Rick said wryly. I think he could tell she was worried as well and wanted to put her at ease. "Right from the start. You told us to get ready to fight," he said glancing back over his shoulder at the rest of us. "I didn't listen, I couldn't. I can now," he promised. They hugged and then Michonne stepped up to hug Maggie as Enid and Sasha came down greeting and hugging everyone.