80

What? Two updates in one day!!??

Okay, so I JUST finished writing this and I was going to wait to publish it until tomorrow but you guys voted and commented a TON on the last chapter and that just didn't seem fair to hold out on you. So here it is!!! I hope you enjoy!

Please continue to comment/vote you guys are amazing!

<><><><><>

Jo

They gave us two houses, two massive houses. They were beautiful with gleaming hard wood floors and granite counter tops. They were each at least five bedrooms, with extra bonus rooms that could easily be used as bedrooms. It was more than enough room for our entire group. Not just enough room for the group, but enough that everyone would be able to have privacy. 

It was an overwhelming thought and I felt entirely out of place. There was running water, power and heat. The yards were neatly trimmed and well maintained. This place was completely untouched by the horrors beyond the fences. I stood out in front of the houses beside Rick, Daryl and Carol. The rest of the group stood behind us waiting for Rick to tell us what we were going to do. 

Rick's mouth was pinched into a hard line as he studied the houses. 

"Both of them?" Carol asked suspiciously. 

Rick nodded, chewing on his lip. "That's what Aaron said." 

"Hmm," Daryl said, and he prowled a short line on the sidewalk next to me, his eyes glued to our new territory. I could practically feel the tension coming off him. We hadn't been behind the walls for a full day and he already reminded me of an animal in a cage. 

Rick looked at Carol, "You and Michonne clear the one on the left. Abraham and Sasha the one on the right. Every room, top to bottom. Daryl and Jo check out the outside the one on the left, be thorough. Check the fence line too. Carl, you're with me. Everyone else, stay put," Rick ordered, turning to hand Judith to Maggie. . We all nodded and crossed the road.  

Daryl and I prowled around the one on the left. I wanted to rest my hand on the knife at my waist but I resisted the urge, knowing there was a good chance we were being watched. Little demure me might follow Daryl around, but she wouldn't have any use in resting a hand on a weapon. Times like this were when the lie was going to be especially tough for me. 

"You good?" Daryl asked glancing back over his shoulder at me. 

"Yeah," I snapped back a little too quickly. 

He arched a brow and I waved him off. "I'm fine," I snapped tightly. I turned away from his eyes a peaked in through one of the windows. Inside I could see Abraham and Sasha clearing the room. "Seems a little too good to be true," I muttered under my breath. 

"Mmhhmm," Daryl agreed, his crossbow in hand. He checked all the windows from the outside and we opened a small shed behind the house. There was nothing in it but tools for lawn care and gardening. We moved from the house to the fence that surrounded our houses on two sides. Daryl pressed against it and kicked at the metal along the ground, making sure it wasn't loose. He paused at one of the supports and leaned against it with all his weight.  

"Seems stable," he said looking back at me. 

I nodded, trusting him to make the call. "Let's go then," I said, jerking my chin back towards the front of the houses. Daryl grunted and followed me. We met Rick and Carl as we came through the middle of the two houses.