5

I hope you are enjoying! Please comment/ vote! I love hearing from you guys!

<><><><><>

Daryl

I woke to the sound of the shower. It took me a minute to remember where I was. Being underground with no light was throwing me. Jo must have woke up earlier. I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I accidentally kicked the empty whiskey bottle, it rolled over and bumped into the nightstand. I rubbed at my eye, trying to wake up. I hadn't drank much in a while and I didn't remember us finishing off the bottle.

I remembered laying in bed and talking to Jo. I remember her looking sad and vulnerable, nothing like the woman I first met in the forest. I scrubbed at my other eye, trying to focus but all I wanted to do was sleep some more. I couldn't remember the last time I had slept through the night.

The bathroom door opened, spreading light through the room and my head started pounding. I glanced over at her and froze for a moment. She was wrapped in a towel and seemed shocked to find me awake.

"Sorry," she mumbled, moving over to her bed. "I didn't mean to wake you." She stooped down and scooped up her pack, tossing it on her bed. I tried hard not to notice the glimpses of skin and stared hard at the floor. She didn't seem embarrassed at all.

I shook my head. "It's fine," my voice came out rougher than I expected. I cleared my throat. "Ya done in there?"

"Yes, I'm just going to change and head down to the labs." She was digging around through her pack and pulling out clothes, not giving a damn that she was standing in front of me in nothing but a towel.

I stood, stretching my arms over my head. "Ya should get some breakfast first."

She kept her back to me and shook her head. "I need to check on Kate." She said determinedly.

I snorted, grabbing my clothes and heading towards the bathroom. "Ya ever eat anything?" I tossed over my shoulder. I don't know why I bothered, I didn't gave a shit if she ran herself to exhaustion. It wasn't my problem.

I glanced over my shoulder. She had already turned her back to me and was starting to get dressed. I quickly turned around and closed the bathroom door. I changed and brushed my teeth before going back into the bedroom. Jo was sitting on the bed, braiding her long dark hair. I moved to my bag and began shoving my stuff back into it.

"You packing up?" she asked. "I thought you guys were staying."

I arched a brow at her. "You guys?" I asked, unable to keep the surprise out of my voice.

She licked her lips and nodded. "As soon as Kate is well enough to travel we have to keep moving."

I didn't bother hiding my frown. It was idiotic. They wouldn't last long out there by themselves. "You know Rick would let you stay."

She nodded but didn't say anything more.

I was pretty sure there were tears in her eyes again and I felt like an ass. "Let's go grab some breakfast." I said, turning towards the door. I didn't look back but I could hear her quiet tread as she followed me.

When we entered the cafeteria everyone was tense, but the scent of fresh eggs and coffee drew my attention away from the group.

"Not like me at all," Shane was saying. His words seemed to add to the tension.