Smoke Room

R. Major
January 24,2016
Chapter 13.

It has been a while since I have enjoyed the company of a woman who was just goofy. It relaxed me. It was either that or these strong ass drinks she had made. We were sitting on the couch talking. She had her legs across my lap and one arm propped on the back of the couch as she rested her head in her hand. I on the other hand was slouched down into the couch with my head resting on the back of it. I had my hand placed on her leg.

"So Rain we have been friends for what almost two weeks now," she said as she looked at me and smiled.

"Yes we have," I said as I took a sip of my margarita and placed it on the coffee table.

I watched as she bit her bottom lip and looked at me. I saw the question form in her head.

"So you gonna tell me what you do? You know I am a nurse and I know you own a couple of business," I nodded my head.

"Well what are they?" she asked me.

I bit down on my bottom lip. I guess it wouldn't hurt to let her know. She was gonna find out sooner or later.

"I am a funeral director," I said.

Her eyes got wide and so did her smile.  She sat her cup down and looked at me.

"I own Major Funeral Home . I have two locations that I alternated between," I told her.

"Really?" she asked me.

I nodded my head yes. I notice that her eyes didn't look at me like money but more so curiosity.  I've never seen this look when I tell females what I do.

"So you embalm and all that stuff?" she asked me.

"Yeah," I laughed as I watched her eyebrows furrow.

"How long have you been doing that and why?" she asked.

"Well I started when I was 8 helping my pops out. Then after that I grew to love the business and working with families when that times come. It makes me feel good giving them a sense of peace. so let's just say a long time," I told her.

She smiled and nodded her head.

"I understand that's why I wanted to be a nurse. I love helping people. It's not about hearing them say thank you. But just knowing that they are grateful for everything you done for them even if it's not acknowledge right then and there. Is the best feeling in the world," She said as she blushed a bit.

I really wanted to kiss her but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was scared that I would feel something if I did. I already feel things when she touches me to loosen up my tie or I hug her.

"So how long have you been doing the you know directing and embalming part?" she asked me.

"Since I was able to reach things but legally since I was 19," I told her and smiled..