Foreshadowing

J.Rose
Chapter 111
September 20,2016

"Well Hello Ms. Rose," Rain said as she placed her hands in the pockets of her suit pants.

I bit down on my lip and smiled. She was dressed in a brown suit and had on a navy blue shirt and a brown tie. Her hair was pulled back into her usual ponytail.

"Hi Rainie," I said.

"So what it so important that I had to meet you at work?" She asked me and smirked.

"Rain I'm pregnant," I blurted out.

I couldn't hold back any longer. I watched as her eyebrow raised and she laughed.

"No really what's up," she said.

"I'm serious Rain," I said as I handed her the paper with my results on them.

She nodded her head as she read over them. She looked at me and licked her lips. She handed the paper back to me. I watched as the look of hurt and confusion ran across her face.

"Jamila if you wanted to break up all you had to do was say so. You didn't have to do whatever the hell you did," she said lowly.

She had so much hurt behind her words. I watched as she laughed and shook her head as she turned around and started to walk out the ER. I felt the tears roll down my face. I quickly wiped them and ran after her. I grabbed her arm.

"Rain it's yours," I said.

She stopped walking. We were standing outside and even tho the summer sun was hitting my skin I felt a very cold breeze go through my veins.

"How?" She asked and looked at me.

"I don't know Rain. But I do know it's yours. Your shit is like a legit dick," I said as she looked at me and laughed.

"Jamila that sounds like some bullshit. If you fucked a nigga just own up to it. He can take care of you and the baby," she hissed at me.

"If I can prove it's yours will you stay?" I asked her.

"You know I will," she said and sighed.

"Here," I said and handed her a piece of paper.

She looked at it and raised her eyebrow.

"It's a specialist on the 5th floor. I told her you were gonna see her. I know you Rain you trust your gut and facts. So please just go," I said as I placed my hand on her cheek.

She was cold as fuck. She was mad.

"If you are lying to me. I never want to see you again," she said and moved my hand as she walked back into the building.

I sighed as she walked away. I let the tears fall. But I had to remember not to show Rain I was scared of her. Especially when I know I'm right.

I watched as Rain walked pass me and out the door. She had been at her appointment for a few hours. My heart couldn't take much more of not knowing and when I saw her it just made everything worse. I got up and followed her outside. I placed my hands in my scrub shirt pockets. Her head was leaning against the brick wall and she was looking up at the sky. Her hands were in her pocket and her tie was hanging loosely around her neck.

"Turns out I'm boy and girl," she said and chuckled.

She never looked at me though. I looked down at the ground.

"So I do apologize for what I said earlier," she said.

I walked over to her and stood infront of her.

"I can either become all boy or all girl. Or just leave it," she said.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked her.

I watched as she looked at me and smirked.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Stay who you are," I said and smiled.

"Well imma leave it," she said.

"Besides I want a lot of kids and I want them to look like the both of us," I said as I walked closer to her.

She smiled and nodded her head and looked down at my stomach. I smirked as she sighed and grabbed my wrist and pulled it out of my pocket. She pulled me closer and wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I smiled and placed my head on her chest.

"What do you want to do?" She asked me.

"What you mean?"

"Do you want to give up the baby?" She asked me.

"No," I said.

I already made up my mind I was going to keep the baby.

"Abortion?"

"Fuck no Rain. I'm keeping this baby," I said as she rubbed my back.

"I was gonna wait and ask you but seeing as you are pregnant I can't wait. So Ms. Ross would you like to become Mrs. Major?" She asked me.

I slowly pull back and looked at her. She smiled and reached in her pocket and pulled out a small box.

"Really?" I asked her.

She opened the box and I bit my bottom lip. There was a white gold ring princess cut. With a big ass diamond. It was accent in my birth stone. And it also was trimmed in rose gold.

"Yeah," she said as she took my left hand and placed the ring on it.

I smiled and kissed her with  everything in me. Next thing I know we are standing on a rooftop as the sunset and we were married.

"I love you Mrs. Major," she said and smiled.

"I love you too Ms. Major," I said.

I woke up and ran my hand over my face. This dream keeps getting more intense than ever. It also makes me miss her more. I bit my lip and picked up my phone. I looked at the time. She should be up. I unlocked my phone and clicked on her contact.

"Hello Ms. Rose," she said as I watched her inhaled the blunt she had in her hand.

"Isn't it to early to be smoking?" I asked her.

"Never to early baby," she said as she laughed and her heavy accent rolled off her tongue.

"I miss you," I said as I laid back against my headboard.

"I miss you too," I said as her eyes got low.

"You better," I said.