Empty Bottles and Keyboards

Jamila
April 2,2016
Chapter 43

I ran my hand down my face as I called Rain for the 5th time today. Her birthday was two days ago and I haven't heard or seen her since we had lunch at her job a few weeks ago. I know she was getting flooded at work. I sighed and looked at the clock in my car. I had drove over to her crib after I got done with my shift. I saw both of her cars in her spaces so I know she is home. I have banged on her door and everything. I was getting super worried. We only been together a month or so and she was already ignoring me. She had me feeling like shit.

I had texted Miguel and Nora to see if they heard from her. I was waiting to hear back from them. I let out a breath of relief when my phone dinged and Miguel named popped up telling me to get the spare key to her house from under the fender of her car. I got out of my car and walked over to hers to feel a little box under the fender I opened it and got the key. I sighed and walked into the lobby of her building. I walked over and press the up button on the elevator as soon as I got on a heard my phone ding again. I opened up the message and read it. I felt my heart jump out of my body.

'Papi's Husband'
Please Hurry!

That was all of the message as soon as the doors open I took off in a slight jog towards her apartment.

"FUCK!" I heard Rain yell as I opened the door

She had the music turned all the way up in her living room that was trashed. I walked over to her stereo and turned it off.

"Go away Miguel," she yelled out.

I bit my bottom lip as I walked around some broken piece of glass on her floor. I walked by the kitchen and saw three rows of empty liquor bottles. She had drank 4 bottles of Jack, 4 bottles of Henny, and 4 bottles of crown royal. I bit my lip as my eyes scanned over two empty pill bottle containers. I picked them up as tears flooded my vision. She was taking Xanax. Her anxiety must be pretty bad if she mixing this with alcohol. I wiped my face and gather as much strength as I could to face my girlfriend.

I slowly walked to her room. It was clean but empty. I made my way to her bathroom and closet all empty. I looked down the hall at the cracked door. I jog down the hall and opened the door. The room was actually nice as. It had two black leather couches both pushed against opposite walls. There was a keyboard setup next to a drum set. On the walls were old jazz posters with Ella Fitzgerald on it and one with Duke Ellington. It was also couple from movies like Mo better Blues ,Harlem Nights and one from when Eartha Kitt played in Batman. The lights in the room where low and it was relaxing. I looked over to see a half empty pill bottle laying on the dark blue carpet.

I let my eyes follow the path of the bottle to see Rain laying on her back with a bottle of Henny in her hand that she had resting on her stomach.

"Fuck Miguel leave me alone man," she hissed.

I jumped a bit before I walked over to her. I stood over her as my eyes watered. She was drunk as fuck. High as shit. She slowly opened her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. Once her light brown eyes focused on me she licked her lips and gave me a sexy as smirk that made my panties get a bit wet. Her eyes were low as hell and red. Her ponytail was a bit sloppy but it did work with her black slacks, dress shoes,and the fact she had on a black beater with white suspenders over it made me bit down on my bottom lip.