Damn Casket

R Major
Chapter 25
February 19,2016

"Ma'am if I get this casket and we paint it in cheetah print it will cost extra. I cannot do such elaborate type of work for free," I said on the phone.

She was pushing me to my limits. I'm so close to telling her to come get her sister and take her someplace else.

"Look she is my sister and I want the fucking casket with cheetah print paint job and I don't want to spend a lot of fucking money," she snapped at me.

I felt my blood start to boil. I pulled the phone from my ear and looked at as she started to yell at me. I was considering about making her ass go missing in a minute.

"From what I can see Ms. Green. You are not the one paying for the services," I told her as I sat back in my chair.

I looked at the time on my watch it was pushing 9:30 at night and I have been talking to this lady on and off since 5. I still had a lot of stuff to take care of andher and this damn casket is working on the last nerve I still have intact. I looked down at my phone and sighed. It was no way I was going to go have dinner with my new favorite girl.  I know she gonna start thinking shit like i used her to get a quick nut and blow off some stress, but that's not the case. We just been hammered with calls since February hit. I haven't really talk to anybody other than the people I work with in the last 2 weeks.  I sighed as the lady kept talking.

"Listen how about you talk to your brother in law and ask him since he is paying for everything. I am a very busy person. If you don't like the extra charge for your casket design I can drop Mrs. Good back off at the city morgue. Then you can explain to the family how you are now a licensed funeral director. Now I have a lot of things to do and it is rather late at night.  So, you have a good evening Ms. Green,"  I said as I hung up the phone.

Sometimes you have to get aggressive with families when they want to add things and not pay for it. I don't have time to handle any type of lawsuit. I sighed and text Mila I couldn't make it and sat my phone down on the desk.

I really do miss her and it's not because of the sex. I miss being around her she helped me to relax and forget about work and death while I'm with her. I bit down on my bottom lip as I thought about her in bed. She was a little freaky thing and I loved it. I laughed and shook my head and started back  on this paperwork.

I was halfway finished with this death certificate when I heard the door beep letting me know somebody was walking in. I wasn't worried because only a couple of people had the code to the door. Miguel, Kimmy, and Laura. Nora knew it but forgot it.  Also had had my baby under the desk just in case. I kept working when I felt somebody standing in my door frame.

"You have a very nice office Ms. Major," the voice smoothly flowed through my room.

"Thank you Ms. Ross,"  I said as I clicked the save button on the program.

I looked up at her and smiled. She was walking into my office further with her hands behind her back and looking so fucking good in her blue scrub pants and black scrub shirt.

"Well since you have canceled on me all last week, and the week before I decided to  come and have dinner with you anyway," she said as she sat the bag of Portillo's on the table.