Letting me In

RAINIE
April 3, 2016
Chapter 52

I looked over at Jamila and raised my eyebrow. Her head was low and she was playing with my hand.

"Tell me what?" I asked her.

"My secrets?" She whispered.

"You don't have to," I said as her head shot up and she looked at me with tears down her face.

"I want to," she said.

I licked my lips and looked at her. Her eyes begged me to hear her stories. I nodded my head.

"Let's go inside," I told her.

She smiled weakly and nodded her head. I watched as she slowly stood up and got her cup. I got mines and the two chairs. I pulled them to the door and sat them there. It was almost summer so they would be fine in the weather. I opened the door and went down the stairs first. I felt her grab a hold to the back of my pants as we walked down the stairs. I laughed lightly as we reached the bottom and went into my place.  Her grip only tightened on the waistband of my pants as I lead her to the living room. I grabbed her hand off my pants and lead her to the couch. I laid down and placed my cup on the floor as she laid down ontop of me and made herself comfortable. I rubbed her back and she let out a little sigh.

"When my dad died. That's when shit got bad. My mom remarried that dude you beat up. He treated me bad. Never raped me though but he would beat me up. I can't tell my mom cause she is happy. I didn't want to take that from her. So I endured it. My aunt house you took me too is my dad's sister Jackie. She knows but it's nothing she can do," she said.

"That's all I need to know baby," I told her.

"My dad died when I was just entering high school. I loved him more than my mom. I was definitely a daddy's girl. I did everything with him. I followed him everywhere," she said.

I smiled as I began to rub her scalp. She must've been holding all this in.

"When he died I was broken. I was so depressed and angry. My mom forgot about him. She forgot about her kids too. It's like we don't exist. She remarried not too soon after he died to that bum ass nigga. To be honest I think they were always fucking around. All he does is drink. He gets drunk and angry. That's why I don't like to leave my sisters there. I don't know what he will do to them," she said and sniffled a bit.

I licked my lips. Thank god I don't know my mother. I could pass her on the street and not even know it. To be honest I don't want to know her.

"Thank you for helping us," she said softly.

"Anything for my Jamila," I said and kissed her forehead.

I felt her cuddle closer into my body as her breathing began to slow down.

"Don't tell anybody," she mumbled.

"I won't," I said and held her tighter.

"Thank you," I smiled and looked up at my ceiling for a bit before my body betrayed me and I started to doze off.