Theirs by addictedtochocolates

FanFiction.net

Theirs by addictedtochocolates

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Genre: Romance
Characters: Freddie B., Sam P.
Words: 1,199
Published: Sep 28, 2011

***

How the hell did she get into situations like this?

She'd had a wonderful nub-a form of endearment, really, coming from her-for a boyfriend just a month ago, and now they were back to arguing frenemies.

If not for the fact that Pam Puckett, her sorry excuse of a mother, had refused to sign her daughter out again like she had done the previous time, Sam would have locked herself into Troubled Waters. Again.

And that was only because it hurt to have things just turn back to normal.

All the time they'd been dating, she'd felt like it was a dream. Now she wished it was.

Because all too soon, it had become a nightmare she couldn't wake up from.

Carly decided to drop a bombshell.

Really. Today, of all days, she had to drop the bomb on an unsuspecting Sam. Did she think she hadn't had enough emotional distress for a year?

Granted, the brunette had thought she knew.

But exactly how was Sam Puckett going to deal with the fact that Freddie Benson had given up a brilliant opportunity to Missy Robinson...

...for her?

I love you.

Wasn't that what he'd said?

I love you, too.

That's what she replied.

And deep down in her heart she knows it's true.

And maybe, just maybe, he knows it too.

So she runs off to find him, ignoring the calls of her best friend, frantically informing her that she'll get in trouble with Ms Briggs again and does she really want that?

"Well, I guess it's about time, anyway."

And soon, Sam finds out from a very confused Brad that Freddie hasn't been in class since they -Sam and Freddie, not Brad and Freddie-hasn't been in any classes since fourth period.

Which confuses and disorientates her for awhile, because isn't Freddie Benson supposed to be a total dork? For God's sake, she nicknamed him King of the Nubs on her PearPhone! He wouldn't skip school.

Then again, with a sour taste in her mouth, she realises that tonight was supposed to be the 99th day into their relationship.

If they'd stayed together, that is.

Not that she'd been counting.

Not that she was still counting.

And soon, Sam Puckett finds herself waving to Ted and telling him that she's got something more important to do than school.

She knows where Freddie is, and she's going to have a talk with him.

And she finds him, there on the fire escape, their place, where he goes to clear his head.

Where she goes, sometimes, to clear her own muddled up mind.

And as she knocks on the glass panel, she feels a bit of déjà vu as Freddie waves for her to enter.

And the pang of her heart at the familiar half smile he gives her confirms her suspicions.

She still loves him.