Seddie Oneshots: 651 by shana852963

FanFiction.net

Seddie oneshots by shana852963

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 1,963
Published: Dec 5, 2010

***

"Well, I did it, it's official," Sam said as she let herself into Spencer's apartment, where Carly was in the kitchen, pouring cake batter into a pan. "I just got back from city hall...my name is now Sam Benson."

"You finally changed your last name?" Carly grinned. "That's great, Sam!"

"Yeah, I figured I should just get it over with," Sam sighed. "But it's so weird. Once I finished filling out the paperwork the lady called me Mrs. Benson. Can you believe that? I have to be identified the same way as that freak show across the hall!"

"Is that really the nicest way to refer to your mother-in-law?" Carly sighed. "Look, I know Freddie was kind of hoping you'd take his last name after you guys got married last month, but he wasn't forcing you. If you didn't want to, why'd you do it?"

"It's not that I didn't want to," Sam mumbled. "I mean, I guess having Freddie's last name is kind of nice. We're officially The Bensons now. But it's still just kind of strange to suddenly be Mrs. Benson when I still have that limerick I wrote called 'Mrs. Benson and the Hungry Lion'."

"Oh come on, just because you're now Mrs. Benson too doesn't mean that you're the same person as Freddie's mom," Carly assured her. "And I'm sure once you get used to it, you won't even be weirded out by it that much anymore."

"Yeah, you're right," Sam nodded.

"So was Freddie excited when you told him?" Carly asked.

"I haven't yet, actually," Sam smiled. "I'm waiting until he gets back from his business trip Sunday night and then I'm going to surprise him."

"Oh, that's fun!" Carly said. "He's going to be so happy. And hey! I found this cute new store at the mall that makes personalized doormats. I can get you one with 'The Bensons' on it now! And Spencer knows this guy who can paint a family's last name real cool on their mailbox and-"

"Easy, Carls," Sam chuckled. "I didn't change my last name so Frednub and I can get matching t-shirts or anything."

"Fine," Carly said, placing her cake tray in the oven.

"So what are you baking for anyway?" Sam asked, picking up the mixing bowl and licking up some of the batter.

"Oh, Spencer is meeting with a really important sculpture client tonight, and he needs to bring desert," Carly explained. "So he paid me fifty bucks to make my famous layer cake."

"Hey, that's one of your deserts that's actually good!" Sam said.

"Huh?"

"I mean...gooder than the other delicious ones," Sam said lamely.

Carly rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I just have one more layer to make and then I'm going to make the frosting. Can you just hand me an egg from that carton?"

"There's no more eggs in here," Sam said, opening up the carton.

"What?" Carly exclaimed. "No! This cake needs to be done by six! I don't have time to run to the store and buy any more!"

"Well can't you just make your layer cake with the layer you already made?" Sam suggested.

"You can't have a layer cake with only one layer!" Carly snapped. "That's just a-a cake cake! Oh! I know, can you go across the hall and ask Freddie's mom if we can borrow one from her?"