And Everything Was Just So Perfect by Lyric Medlie

FanFiction.net

And Everything Was Just So Perfect by Lyric Medlie

TV » iCarly
Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Romance & Friendship
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 2,442
Published: Oct 9, 2011

***

It glinted brightly, sparkling from her left hand ring finger, catching the light and shimmering. Its owner couldn't keep her bright blue eyes off the gorgeous piece of very important jewelry no matter how hard she tried. She shouldn't keep staring at her surprise, but she couldn't help it. She hadn't stopped staring at it since she'd gotten it. It was almost surreal, but she couldn't keep the smile that lit up her face each time she saw the tiny beauty. She just hoped that no one would notice until it was time, so as to avoid ruining their surprise she would have to keep trying to avert her eyes, no matter if some had been expecting this.

"So that proves that Gibby's aren't the best at kart wheels!" Carly's voice sounded from her side, causing Sam to push her applause button on her blue remote.

"Nope!" Sam agreed with her cohost and best friend.

"Poor Gibby." Carly teased with a smile.

"Guess he can't join the circus." Sam added, with a shrug.

"I never wanted to anyway." Gibby grumbled.

"Well, that wraps up our web show," Carly started, sneaking a glance at her best friend, trying to gauge her emotions. "Though we have a very special announcement."

"Yes we do!" Sam hit her remote, a drum roll filling up the iCarly studio. She jumped up and down a few times, both in anxiety and excitement.

"Come out here, Freddie." Carly gestured her hand to Freddie as he handed his camera to Brad, and then came to stand out by Carly and Sam, his arm easily wrapping around Sam's shoulder.

"Sam and Freddie," Carly made a gesture as if to say 'the-stage-is-yours'.

Sam tilted her head up, her eyes meeting Freddie's, before he gave her a small nod and she clicked the drum roll button once more, seeing Brad's hand hover over the control pad in the corner of her eye. She felt Freddie's grip on her shoulder tighten a tad, before she smiled brightly and lifted her left hand up, wiggling her ring finger.

"We're getting married!" Freddie exclaimed, and Sam hit the applause button as Brad pressed a button of his own, causing confetti and balloons to fall from the ceiling and 'Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Benson' appeared across the screen of the show.

"Yes we are!" Sam agreed, her smile growing in size, if that was even possible.

"And we're so happy for them!" Carly gushed, a big smile on her own face. "My two best friends on earth are tying the knot!"

"That's so cheesy." Sam rolled her eyes, though her smile never wavered from her face.

"But it's true," Freddie gave her a look, a smirk across his own face.

"Awww!" Carly squealed. "See! They're so cute together!"

"Well that's it for tonight." Sam turned back to the camera that was still in Brad's arms.

"Oh yes!" Carly jumped back into web show mode. "So go hug a hobo!"

"And read books to the blind squirrels!"

"And we'll see you next week!" Both web hosts waved frantically at the camera as Brad switched off the blue light.

"We're clear." Brad told them a few seconds later, pressing one last button, and setting Freddie's camera down gently. "Great show everybody!"