Love Letters: 1 by gracefulblaze

FanFiction.net

Love Letters by gracefulblaze

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Genre: Romance & Drama
Characters: Freddie B., Sam P.
Words: 1,252
Published: Jun 13, 2013
Updated: Jan 5, 2014

***

Sam bounced wildly on the seat of the car. "Ugh! Why can't this stupid car drive any faster?!"

Spencer glanced back at her from the driver's seat. "I am going as fast as the state of Washington will allow, young lady. And I am not above dropping you off on the side of the road. Let me drive in peace!"

Sam grumbled, "We've been driving for 3 hours and I'm sick of it. If we have to go do this camping thing, we might as well go do it instead of driving the whole time..."

"Sam, " Carly warned. "We're almost there, don't worry. How about you play a game with Freddie or something?"

They both looked over at him only to find his head lying against the window, mouth open, breathing quietly.

"Well, nevermind." Carly said. "Look, we're here!" She hopped out of the car and landed on the dirt.

Sam leaned over sleeping Freddie and shouted in his face, "Yo! Frednub! Wake up! We're here!" Freddie woke up with a start and rolled out of his seat.

Rubbing his head he whined, "Sam! Why can't you ever act like a normal person and wake people up normally?"

She tilted her head to one side. "Where's the fun in that?"

An hour later, after three tents collapsed on Gibby, and Sam burned Freddie's shoes in the bonfire on 'accident', their camp was set up. They all had a hot dog, or in Sam's case hot dogs, on the end of a stick roasting them for dinner. It was late and it was beginning to get dark. Carly yawned and leaned against Spencer.

"I think I'm going to head in for the night. Sleep tight everyone." With that she trudged into her tent.

Gibby's head was nodding onto his chest and finally him and Spencer went to sleep too, leaving Sam and Freddie alone.

"What pansies. They can't even stay up past 10:30 ..." Sam said.

Freddie laughed, "You've taught me well making me watch all those horror movies all night long. I'm not even a little tired."

Sam flashed a grin at him and said, "How about we go for a walk?"

Freddie agreed and they set off. They occasionally bumped shoulders with each other and Sam pushed Freddie into a few logs, but other than his occasional pained groans, they walked in comfortable silence. They came upon a lake and stopped to look at it.

"Isn't it pretty out here?" Freddie asked.

Sam nodded and said, "Sometimes, I wish we didn't have to go back, you know? Why can't we stay here, away from all the drama, my crazy mom, your crazy mom..."

Freddie noted how serious Sam was being, a side of her that was not shown often. He sat down on a log and gazed over the calm water, and Sam joined him. They subconsciously scooted closer together until their shoulders were touching. Sam's fingers started playing with a small tear in the knee of Freddie's pants. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. Freddie grabbed the hand playing with the loose threads and wove their fingers together. All of this might seem very 'coupley' to an innocent observer, but both of them knew it absolutely wasn't and never would be.

After hearing Sam yawn for the fifth time Freddie nudged her up and they began walking back to camp, holding hands the whole way.

***

The next morning Sam was up unnaturally early, thanks to the poky ground she had to sleep on at night. As she unzipped her tent to go to the bathroom/bushes, a small white envelope fell out from where it had been wedged in the zipper. She picked it up and saw her name written simply on the front. She opened it and pulled out what was inside. It read:

Dear Sam,

I've been wanting to tell you all this chiz for a while now. Maybe it was because of last night, or maybe it was all things I've tried to ignore for so long finally coming out. Either way, I stayed up all night last night trying to make this perfect. I know that you think we're enemies, and I used to think that, too. But lately, I feel like that's changed. We're definitely not enemies anymore. Sam, you light up my world. I cannot imagine how boring my life would be without you. It would be like a cupcake without frosting, or Fatcakes without fat. The point is Sam, you're everything good in my life. I know you probably won't feel the same way I do, but lately I've seen you in a totally different way. The way you walk is beautiful, the way you sleep, they way you shovel three buckets of fried chicken in your mouth is beautiful. That's it I guess. I mean that's all I feel like I can form into words. The feelings that I have when I'm around you just can't be described. Please don't be completely creeped out by any of this, because I'm still a little scared of you, and I know what you can do.

Love,

Freddie

***

Sam took a deep breath. What was the nub thinking? How could he throw all this on her at once and expect her to be fine with it? She stomped over to the tent him, Spencer and Gibby were sharing and unzipped it.

"Freddie, I need to talk to you. Now." She half-shouted.

Freddie sat up rubbing sleep out of his eyes. "Sam?"

"Come on." She grumbled.

He followed her out of the tent and down the path they had walked the night before. He stopped abruptly when Sam turned around suddenly.

"What is this?" She demanded, waving the paper in his face.

"Sam, listen-" He started.

She cut him off. "If this is a joke, if this is all a big lie... Freddie, you know how I am. I don't like being lied to. My feelings... They're fragile. Especially after everything..." She sniffed.

Freddie stepped forward and gathered her into her arms. "Sam, you know I wouldn't lie to you. I know all that crap with your dad was hard on you and I'm sorry. I want you to know that how I feel about you is real. Real. Even if you don't feel the same, I want you to know I'll always be here for you."

By now, Sam had tears running down her face. She looked up at Freddie and he cupped her face in his hands.

"Don't you think we deserve each other? Belong to each other? Everything feels so natural with you, Sam, and I don't want that to go away."

She nodded and he leaned down and kissed her full on the mouth. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. She ran her hands through his hair, which was just as soft as it looked. They broke apart and she smiled. She could get used to this.

***
Disclaimer: This is a collection of Seddie oneshots from FanFiction. I do not own anything, all rights are reserved to their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.

Note: If you are the author of any of these oneshots, and wish for me to take it down, please PM me. No plagiarism intended. All authors are given credit.